DOM360 - It was a bit chaotic and stressful to work here but some of the other coworkers and the actual work was cool. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DOM360

"It was a bit chaotic and stressful to work here but some of the other coworkers and the actual work was cool."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

A more casual and young environment. You could learn a lot about Marketing. They tried to incorporate the creative environment to make it a better work place.

Cons

The owner was over-involved and didn't seem to value the employees and there was a lot of power-playing and unpredictable work loads. Not a lot of structure. The owner didn't mind throwing out a ton of random projects on top of the daily workload and overwhelming the employees.

DOM360 Response

Feb 15, 2013 – Co-Founder

Great feedback former employee and good luck in the future:) Startups are chaotic and sometimes as the company finds it's way, there are bumps in the road. The founders have stepped back from... More

Other Employee Reviews for DOM360

"Mixed Bag"

Former Employee - SEM Analyst in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - SEM Analyst in Greenville, SC

I worked at DOM360 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people were great. Lots of young people who were easy to get along with. Plenty of work to do, I was never bored or looking for things to do. We had decent resources in the department. I loved my manager when I was there. I really felt like I could talk to him, be honest and like he had my back. Before I left they were really stepping up their employee appreciation aka bringing in more snacks and doing little activities in the office to break up the day. Overall I enjoyed the work I was doing.

Cons

There were a lot of politics, lots of "playing the game". My manager had to pick his battles with the CEO and put up with/enforce a lot of rules/ideas that he may not have believe in. Sometimes there was too much work. I was in a small department and there were WAY too many clients for the number of people in the department but it didn't seem anyone wanted to really invest in the department. The inflexibility around PTO and working from home was extremely frustrating. Even though I had a laptop I wasn't allowed to work from home. Employees also had a hard time getting time off before the holidays. I understand that's the busy season for marketing but people have lives, why not allow them to work remotely. I think not being allowed to work remotely showed a lack of trust of employees.

Advice to Management

Work on the politics in the office. I know people worried about who they would say things to because it might get back to someone and would cause them to get in trouble or for everyone to get a lecture. There were roadblocks that came from stubbornness in senior management. Also, be more flexible! This is one of the main reasons I left. You need to trust that your employees will get their work done and be accessible even if they aren't working in the office. It's 2017, this is something young professionals are looking for.

DOM360 Response

May 9, 2017 – VP - HR

Thank you for your review! We are really glad you enjoyed your time here at DOM360. We have really tried to increase our employee appreciation efforts, and are glad you felt the improvement.

I... More

"Good Luck"

Former Employee - Account Services in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Account Services in Greenville, SC

I worked at DOM360 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DOM360 (aka andDonovan) has a real knack for finding good people. My coworkers became some of my closest friends and I still keep in touch with a good portion of them even after leaving the company.

The company is also walking distance (about 10-15 min) to downtown. This is great for lunch or events after work.

This is also a decent job if you're straight out of college. You can work here for about 6 months to a year and easily just talk up your responsibilities on your resume. It's a great stepping stone if your end goal is a job that requires some work experience.

Cons

Management is pretty disorganized and that's probably due to the high turnover in every department. During my time at the company almost all of upper management quit and was replaced. I had 3 different HR directors, 4-5 different Head of Account Services (the title was changed so often so I'm really not sure what to call this) and the turnover was so high within account services that I have no idea what that number would be.

During your interview they will tell you there is opportunity for growth and promotions but that is only partially true. Almost every new hire is promised a promotion within 6 months only to have new positions created in between that position. Every promotion is inflated, really only given when an employee threatens to leave and all the company is really doing adding more rungs to the ladder. It was very demoralizing to work hard toward a promotion only to basically be handed a made up position.

Lastly, the CEO. He is a Trump loving man who once suggested a "rebel themed" Christmas party during a town hall meeting with the entire company. It was so bad HR had to pull people into his office to apologize after. This attitude might be the reason in the lack of diversity throughout the office.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Opening an office in Florida or building a tiki hut on the roof isn't going to improve the dissatisfaction that runs rampant throughout the office. Trying to take all of Erwin Penland's former employees also won't make you a credible agency. Before trying to expand into other cities or creating a separate division (andDonovan), focus internally for a couple of years. Your employees are becoming less and less experienced because you're pushing your good employees out. Listen to your employees. Upper management will push the responsibility of their failures on past and current employees rather than own up to what a mess they have become and that needs to change. Unless some serious changes are made I really don't see this company lasting another 5 years.