DOM360 - It was a bit chaotic and stressful to work here but some of the other coworkers and the actual work was cool. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DOM360

"It was a bit chaotic and stressful to work here but some of the other coworkers and the actual work was cool."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

A more casual and young environment. You could learn a lot about Marketing. They tried to incorporate the creative environment to make it a better work place.

Cons

The owner was over-involved and didn't seem to value the employees and there was a lot of power-playing and unpredictable work loads. Not a lot of structure. The owner didn't mind throwing out a ton of random projects on top of the daily workload and overwhelming the employees.

DOM360 Response

Feb 15, 2013 – Co-Founder

Great feedback former employee and good luck in the future:) Startups are chaotic and sometimes as the company finds it's way, there are bumps in the road. The founders have stepped back from ... More

Other Employee Reviews for DOM360

1. "Experienced Agency Professional POV - Current Emloyee"

Current Employee - One of the Pack in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - One of the Pack in Greenville, SC

I have been working at DOM360 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros:

I have spent over 15 years in the ad agency business at agencies in small towns and in the ad capital of the world, Manhattan. DOM360 is no different than any of the best shops in Manhattan. They give their teams the tools to succeed, the culture to thrive, and the clients to cut your teeth on or to bring your experience to bear.

DOM360 is going through a lot of growth and with that growth comes change and learnings. Senior management is committed to creating an environment that retains valuable employees and attracts the best talent. I see this clearly through a lens of experience and with the changes taking place.

DOM360 has true digital roots. They are one of the few full service shops that actually started digital. While great ideas are medium agnostic you don’t want your agency learning code and programming on the fly. It's in the DNA here.

For clients reading this I highly recommend you start your search with a digital-first agency.

For applicants, do you want to get on board a fast moving train that is kicking a** and taking names?

We are playing to win. That is why I joined the team. All the parts are here.

Cons

I feel qualified to provide the following disclaimer:

The ad agency business is not for the meager, the faint of heart, or the 9 to 5 crowd. Great ideas drive business and sometimes that happens at 10am and sometimes it happens in a good old fashion late night brainstorm.

There are so many opportunities at DOM360 it can be hard to know where to plug in first. If you want to be part of growth and agency-life this is for you. If not, you are better suited elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, listen to your trusted employees and partners, and stay committed to "being you". In a sea of sameness the pioneer's path can be bumpy!

"Treat Me Like a Professional, And Not a Wayward Child"

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Designer in Greenville, SC

I worked at DOM360 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were kind, friendly, and helpful. The business is rapidly growing so there are opportunities for advancement. It's a good stepping stone for a first job, but a terrible third or fourth job. If you're trying to get agency experience on your resume, go for it. (Though it really doesn't work like any agency I know.) Put in your year, then find greener pastures.

Cons

1. Overly Rigid Schedule (Ridiculously so for white-collar workers). For example, if you had a doctor's appointment, you couldn't come in early and leave early. Nor could you move your lunch to 1 pm. You had to take a minimum 1/2 day PTO. McDonald's cashiers get more flexibility.

2. Forced Overtime. The creative side of the business was required to stay late if we hadn't hit that day's goal for # of web pages written, flyers designed, or HTML emails encoded. I'm not afraid to work on deadline, but in a production environment, sometimes you get slowed by a single project. Then the next day you get ahead. Rather than looking at performance on a weekly or monthly basis, they judged you everyday. If you got a really hard project in the morning that took half the day, the management's attitude was "Tough. You need to stay until 11 pm to finish." And if you didn't stay late because you had kids or other obligations, it was very clear this was unacceptable and could jeopardize your job. No wonder most of their employees were in their 20s or early 30s with no spouses or kids to deal with.

3. Unpaid overtime - Not only did they require overtime, but they didn't pay for it. Mandatory work hours were 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, with a 1-hour lunch break, a 15 minute morning break (at 10:00 am) and an afternoon 15-minute break at 2:30 pm. No deviation from this was allowed. Several of my co-workers on the creative side would stay to 10-11pm several nights a week and they never got paid for it. I don't mind occasionally burning the midnight oil, but for the salary and benefits we got, this was totally unfair and not in keeping with other similar jobs in the marketplace.

4. Employees Didn't Know Any Better. I'd say that for 75% of the workforce, DOM360 was their first "real job" out of college. That's OK. We all need first "real jobs." These employees loved the foosball table, monthly (mandatory) company lunches, and occasional after-work games. But these same employees are too inexperienced to know that these "benefits" just mask other problems, including sub-standard pay.

Advice to Management

If you hire better people you can trust to act professionally, you won't need to treat them like minimum wage, hourly workers with super strict work schedules. I heard about why such strict rules came into existence and maybe such strictness was required for a time, but you are going to lose your best people unless you can bring the work environment up to industry standards.

DOM360 Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your post. It is true that the work is demanding, and it's not for everyone. We're sorry that it wasn't for you, but hope you developed professionally during your time with us. Let ... More