DRS Technologies - I loved working at DRS. The people were wonderful. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DRS Technologies

"I loved working at DRS. The people were wonderful."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at DRS Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My team was great. Everyone worked hard and had outstanding work ethic. Leaders led by example. I loved all of the people I worked with.

Cons

No comp-time was offered for salaried employees. Huge dichotomy in pay between men and women (although my boss claimed it was 1000 times better there than at other defense contractors). Poor work-life balance. Expectation that the office comes first.

Other Employee Reviews for DRS Technologies

"Selling Businesses, More Layoffs, Where's the Future?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at DRS Technologies full-time

Pros

Benefits are good.
    Dedicated co workers trying to do their best

Cons

They announced plan to sell businesses, now they say it's not for sure What you can count on is more layoffs -- people are worried about the future. Everything is blamed on the defense budget with no plans for getting new contracts. Leadership changes and reorganizations all the time - just announced one this week. But nothing positive.

Advice to Management

Stop the endless cycle of layoffs and develop a plan to grow the business. This company needs new leadership immediately and a future. So sad to see what has happened to what was once a proud company with a great team of people.

"Worst place I've ever worked at."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I have been working at DRS Technologies full-time

Pros

Benefits are on par with most DoD contracting firms. No complaints.

Cons

Management is too top heavy and incompetent. Due to the company hemorrhaging money, many sites have downsized with drastic layoffs. Everyone is very on edge about the future, with in turn, creates a hostile work environment and co-workers who watch your every move to complain to management. They have way too many managers who somehow get to travel every week to a new site to "manage" 1-2 employees there, all while spending what should be valuable company money on airline tickets, meals, hotels, rental cars, etc. when all there needs to be is one dept. manager at a site.. due to the low number of employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your people right, and don't threaten constantly with layoffs. Horrible company.