DS Services of America - Honesty and Integrity | Glassdoor

"Honesty and Integrity"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DS Services of America full-time

Pros

1 out of 2 supervisors were hardworking. The CSR Leads were awesome.

Cons

Micro managed, had to ask to go and use the bathroom, Sr. Manager was incompetent in regards to the departmental technological procedures, horrible training, Mgmt says one thing to your face then completely throws you under the bus. Be Careful at this company... very deceptive.

Advice to Management

- Get organized
-Own your mistakes and create better solutions
-Transparency
-Constructive Criticism to the employees face, instead of talking behind their back.

Other Employee Reviews for DS Services of America

"Laid off in 3 months!"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at DS Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to drive around in a company van. During the first 3 weeks, the sales manager treated us to free lunches (seemingly making it appear this was a "great" company to work for).

Cons

Quite possibly one of the worst companies I've ever worked for. I was laid with 3 other new hires during our training period. They gave us outdated information, outdated brochures, outdated technology and outdated sales tactics and told us to make at least 2 sales a day or we'd be written up. Seriously, who uses Explorer 5.0 these days?! Since I was Sales Consultant, everyone in the company treated me like crap! Then I got to go out and allow potential customers treat me like crap because I was soliciting. Morale was virtually non existent here, probably because they kept threatening to fire us if we didn't make them enough money. What's worse, if I did make a sale, the account would "magically" disappear and I wouldn't receive my full commission! Of course, the Sales Manager, who was a professional at lying, always made it my fault for computer mistakes and whatnot. Seriously, I never knew how deceptive and evil people and companies could be until I worked here. I could go on all night, but don't want to waste my time or yours. Simply put: NEVER WORK HERE!

Advice to Management

A complete overhaul from inside out, top to bottom! You have great potential to be great, but you decide to linger in a 30 year old business plan. Written on the wall of YOUR employee wall is written, "Don't let systems replace humans". Congrats, this is EXACTLY what you did. Getting laid off was the best thing about this job.

"An incompetent, slow, and bureaucratic nightmare"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at DS Services of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Struggling to find any, besides the front-line workers, for the most part, who were/are great-most of the drivers and warehouse personnel. Many of these people have forgotten more knowledge about the industry than much of upper management will ever learn. As far as the company itself, however, unless your only other frames of reference are similarly top-heavy, bumbling, micro-managing debacles, there really aren't any positives.

Cons

Incompetent and arrogant management. A highly misleading compensation structure that rarely works as advertised. Lack of local control. Complete lack of respect for sales people. Micro-managed and heavy on the red tape. HR that is more of a company watch/attack dog than any type of impartial employee "go-to". Unorganized, overly complicated, process rather than result-oriented. A CYA management team that comes from an operations background, complete with a total lack of comprehension as to sales people and the value they bring to a company. Terribly negative work environment. DS Waters has successfully and irreparably damaged Deep Rock Water Co, which was once a proud, historic, and successful brand.

A complete book could be written based off of DS Waters as how NOT to run a successful sales and service-oriented business. Bottom line, if you are a salesperson, have an ounce of integrity and even half an ounce of ambition, talent, and ability, stay far away from this company. Seeing where the average compensation for an SC ranks against other positions gives great insight into how this company views it's sales team. Like another review about DS stated, if you're smart enough to look at Glass Door, you're already too smart to work for this company. You'd be better off selling vacuum cleaners door to door.

Advice to Management

Where to start? A complete revamping of the current business model and structuring, including cleaning house of current upper management. Until this company begins to value the people that drive their business, nothing changes. There is a reason why other companies who "get it" are having record years, largely at your expense.