DSFederal - Still a small business, but they care about their people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DSFederal

"Still a small business, but they care about their people."

Current Employee - Programmer in Gaithersburg, MD
Current Employee - Programmer in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at DSFederal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO is like a mother to most of us. She really cares about her employees and takes an interest in how we're doing and really promotes the company's core values.
The benefits package is more generous than it was at my last job.
Profit sharing at end of the year.
Still a small company, so the org is pretty flat and easy to get the attention that we need.
Flexible working hours and ability to telecommute.

Cons

Small company is going through growing pains. Small management team means that communications could be improved, especially internal communications. Small management team also means that they're trying to do everything at once, and things may fall through cracks.

Advice to Management

Communications from HQ to projects could improve.

Other Employee Reviews for DSFederal

1. "Good Company"

I have been working at DSFederal full-time

Pros

Nice place to work. Great staff and coworkers. Nice working environment. Lunch provided most times.

Cons

Location of head office is inconvenient by public transportation. Most contract staff work in the metro area and when summoned for meetings at the HQ, it can be inconvenient via public transportation.

"Manager"

I worked at DSFederal full-time

Pros

Fed us a lot. Very culturally diverse.

Cons

Too many to list. CEO has some serious management issues. There was really great HR support but anyone who was good was let go. Senior management has been like a revolving door. Only the CEOs "family" seems to survive and be taken care of and a lot of money and effort goes toward H1 visas and worthless consultants instead of keeping solid leaders and professionals who can bring valuable experience and understand how to work with customers.

Advice to Management

You are driving what could have been a good SB down a very bad road that may be beyond the point of no return. You need to hire some strong leaders again and not be threatened by them. You have a lot to do to save what is left of your reputation and your company.