DST Systems - Average | Glassdoor

"Average"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Good Benefits. Made a lot of good friendships that I still have today.

Cons

The company is made up of mostly people waiting to retire. Promotions were non existent.

Advice to Management

Get Younger

Other Employee Reviews for DST Systems

"Long-time employee that was given opportunities, worked very hard for the company but now feels unappreciated."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Vacation time is nice; benefits are ok; good learning opportunities; most managers are flexible with time-off.

Cons

bad or late communication about important issues...from top to bottom management; benefits used to be much better; top performers pick up the slack for low performers...no consequences from management; feel unappreciated after years of hard work and dedication to the company; the review process is a joke...they review you based on how much they want to pay you; performance and attitude issues of the few are generalized and impact the entire department.

Advice to Management

Middle management should stand up for their top performers instead of letting upper management dictate treatment and then pretend to care about their career. Executive management should understand the top performers will leave when the opportunity presents itself. The trust is gone and moral is low. Sending emails communicating how much harder and faster employees need to work is non-productive.

2. "I am proud to say I am part of the DST family."

Current Employee - Staff Network Administrator in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Staff Network Administrator in Kansas City, MO

Pros

DST is a great company to work for, they provide excellent benefits. The pay is competitive but not comparative with similar industry salaries. The biggest pro about DST is that you make your own path at DST. If you are dissatisfied with what you are doing the ability to move with in the company to a similar position or completely new career field is available at your finger tips.

Cons

Telecommuting has been a major jump in recent years in technology. This is something I believe DST could benefit from, letting employees work from home.

Like I said above the salaries are competitive but not comparative in the field I work in. I have seen several similar positions where the pay was much higher.

Advice to Management

I have heard recently that several employees have posted to different positions only to find that they have been filled with targeted employees. If a managers have targeted employees they should not post a position as if it is available to everyone.