DST Systems - Average experience | Glassdoor

"Average experience"

Pros

Large company with adequate cash reserves to cater for any contingency

Cons

Cannot think of any major downside. Maybe one point - which was inequality of salary between peers holding the same job responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that there is adequate communication from top down. At times the folks at lower level are left guessing for want of correct information from the sr leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for DST Systems

"Long hrs, No specific off time, Rude Lazy Management, Stressful environment"

Current Employee - Mutual Fund Representative
    Current Employee - Mutual Fund Representative

Pros

Good health insurance and overall benefits, lots of days off but needed due to stressful and long hrs.

Cons

Long stressful hrs. No management responsibility for anything. You knew your start time and were expected to be there on time, but you had to stay until all the work got done which meant you never knew when you would be released to go home. Example I was scheduled to work 7:30-4:00 everyday but, if the work was not done @ 4 I would have to call home and let them know I didn't know for sure what time I would be home. Sometimes you would be there an extra 2 hrs or more. You felt like a modern day slave. And all of this for horrible salaries. This job drains you physically and mentally and I made just about the same money working 4 days a wk at my other job. If you questioned anything you were looked at as a problem because this caused management to have to act like they were working to resolve the issue, even if the thing you questioned made perfect sense they dreaded being questioned. They have you keep these group chats up so your fellow employees can answer your questions instead of management who are not on the phone and have more time and resources to answer you anyway...so basically the employees do all the training and resolving issues also...Example once in a group chat I had a client w/ a major problem and question that I needed help answering... My question sat in the group chat for 8 minutes no on answered me or helped me...meanwhile someone else put this in the chat " Does anyone have a fingernail clipper" immediately a manager goes " sure come over and see me". Perfect example of management not doing their jobs but having plenty of time to play around. I had to get up and go find someone to help me which is really helping the client who is the one w/ the problem. And the raises were a JOKE. (13 cent, 24cent....lol especially when you already work for pennies)

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management since I know how this company works. Once you make it to management you don't have to answer to anyone you are set. So me the little guy means nothing.

"Get some experience and leave"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

Pros

Coworkers were mostly fine people, hard-working and dedicated to their team. Salary and benefits were OK, and it was nice working for a place where you could trust that your paycheck wouldn't bounce.

Cons

They kept making do with less and less people, until you felt completely behind before you even got into the office in the morning. There was a constant shifting of priorities, and so you have to be flexible because you're constantly pulled from one project on fire to the next project on fire.