DST Systems - DST should be an acronym that means "Don't Stay There"! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems

"DST should be an acronym that means "Don't Stay There"!"

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Unit Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DST Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers were good for the most part. I enjoyed my employees and they were a family to me. Health insurance was decent if you were single but very expensive for families.

Cons

If you or someone you know is looking at joining the DST Full Service division, run for you life!! The pay is well below market (I know because I was in management and worked for a competitor before my position was outsourced to DST.) Quality of work life is VERY LOW. They insist on running a very lean staff (non-management), which makes good since on paper but at the same time they make over time mandatory. Anyone whom is unable to stay and work overtime, is eventually fired. Missouri is a "Hire at Will / Fire at Will" state and DST takes full advantage of this law. Their Senior Management and Officers are the epitome of "The Boys Club" and could care less about their employee's work life balance and quality of work life.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as human beings! The Quality of Work Life is the worst in the industry. It is your responsibility to make it better. Make DST a place where people LOVE to work and you'll attract and retain a higher caliber of employees. Ever heard of Google? Wake up!

Other Employee Reviews for DST Systems

"Sweatshop Mentality in Birmingham BPO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at DST Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fairly good benefits, healthcare, vacation days, etc.

Cons

I worked in other departments at DST HealthSolutions and would give DST as a whole a "Satisfied+." I was transferred to the Business Processing Outsourcing department, and it was like stepping back in time 100 years, except for the computers. Management, most of whom worked their way up through the ranks, act like they are a cut above their employees and flaunt the special treatment they receive. Their favorite form of motivation is intimidation, i.e., veiled threats of termination. It is not a situation that is conducive to a healthy workplace environment, and I do not recall many employees who enjoy working there.

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to wake up and see that this is old Nichols/Txen. And if you look around, Nichols/Txen does not exist anymore. Employees are human too, and as such should be treated with a little common courtesy and dignity. POWs have more rights under the Geneva Convention than BPO employees. This area is not a money maker in any sense of the word. I doubt that it covers the salaries of the large contingency of Senior Management. But, I guess they are getting what they want, so those who are doing the actual work don't count.

"It's a great place to work and the people are awesome"

Former Employee - Distribution Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Distribution Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at DST Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part is the people that I worked with. They are professional and know how to treat people with respect. My general work experience was very positive and satisfying. Benefits are some of the best I have ever had.

Cons

The pay and the pay raises leave something to be desired.

Advice to Management

A little better pay for entry level positions would be helpful.