DST Systems - I didn't like it, and I'm glad I left | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DST Systems

"I didn't like it, and I'm glad I left"

Current Employee - Staff Network Engineer
Current Employee - Staff Network Engineer

I have been working at DST Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a big company, that's IT centric (for the most part). So you will get a lot of exposure to high end technology and a lot of great experience.

Cons

DST is your stereotypical corporate environment. Managers are the "haves" and everyone else are the "have not’s". Employees get worked like slaves, required overtime, poor treatment, and really just no consideration or professionalism when it comes to employees and how they are treated (from a career deveopment perspective). Management is seen as a huge boys club. Filled with middle aged men who have been there forever and are in the know, versus actually being competent at their jobs. The CIO seems like he really wants to change things, but he is hampered by old and out of touch senior leadership, who are more interested in protecting their fiefdoms then improving the way DST operates.

Advice to Management

You seem to distrust your employees, so you don't promote or develop them. You don't hold everyone equally accountable or properly train new employess.

Other Employee Reviews for DST Systems

"Ruined a good business"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at DST Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, good legacy products

Cons

Poor senior management leadership. Have destroyed a thriving business and loyal customer base

Advice to Management

Hire good people and let them do their jobs. Get a vision and commit to it. Stop trying to fill your own resumes and bank accounts

"If you like to be paid well and sit in the dark about company progress, then this is the place."

Former Employee - Applications Analyst
    Former Employee - Applications Analyst

Pros

Overall, pay is good and being able to work from home on occasion was nice too.

Cons

Poor communication from top - down. No structure in employee development.

Advice to Management

The lack of having competent managers to lead the teams is critical in keeping the business moving forward.