DSW - It is a job worth having. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DSW

"It is a job worth having."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at DSW part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I personally love working at DSW. The environment I work in is fun and energetic. The other co-workers are fun to talk to and we are all about being the best for the customers. Working at DSW, the managers are there to give you support so you get the best out of working there. If you do something wrong they will help you on fixing the problems so you can do better in the work area. Working at DSW they also give the hours I needed to be also successful in college, if I have to have a schedule shift change so I can go to class during the week, they will set up a schedule for me so I can still focus on school and also make some money while at it. Every time I schedule days off, they have always schedule it off for me (When I schedule it 3 weeks in advance). I love working at DSW and look forward to working there until I graduate.

Cons

They aren't big fans if you miss a lot of rewards, but you just need to know what the rewards program is and how to approach the new person who doesn't know anything about it.

Other Employee Reviews for DSW

"Management has gone down hill"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

I have been working at DSW part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with some of the same people for years now and we're like family.
    Discount is nice.
    I have some regular customers that really make my day.
    There are monthly "parties" when the store buys lunch for the day, usually pizza, or a trip to Costco for drinks and sandwiches.

Cons

There is obvious favoritism, it shows in who get's promoted and who does not. Hard to trust any of the managers. Sometimes the schedules are not out until a few days before new work week. They do not like to work around your other work or school schedules. Store manager is a complete joke. There should always be one manager on the floor, they're always too busy in the office to be on the floor. I loved my job for the first year or so, unfortunately management has gone down hill and they do not like to take responsibility for their own actions, instead blaming the entire "team" for lack of success.
    Forget a pay raise, it doesn't matter how hard you work, your pay raise will not be near what you deserve. Should I mention your performance is rated by your Store manager who more than likely doesn't work with you that often. I wish I could say better things about the company but sadly, this is what our store has turned into. No one trusts the managers or anyone in the company enough to tell them about the problems that really go on in the store.

Advice to Management

Don't announce when you're going to visit a store, just walk in and see what really happens in the store. You'll be amazed at the difference.

2. "Well Run Retail Organization"

Former Contractor - Consultant in Columbus, OH
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at DSW as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Really smart people working there. IT systems have been improving for several years. Working environment is really nice, including a great cafeteria. They don't suffer fools for long, so turn-over seems reasonable.

Cons

Inter-department communications could be better. Tough to get to know people in other divisions.

Advice to Management

Find ways to promote inter-departmental socialization.