DSW - Great Environment, Pay, and flexibility with work hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DSW

"Great Environment, Pay, and flexibility with work hours"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Harahan, LA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Harahan, LA

I have been working at DSW part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive team and strong company culture and vaules

Cons

Mostly everyone is part time with the exception of one or two people.

Advice to Management

None, Management was great.

Other Employee Reviews for DSW

"the usual retail gig"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at DSW part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a discount, and in my store they paid above minimum wage even for new employees. They also have employee awards for little things, no cash reward but I listed them on my resume as "achievements" and used it as a talking point when asked at a later interview about how my performance was evaluated at DSW (and I got the new job).

Cons

You can spend too much of your hard earned paycheck due to the discount - be careful about this, lots of "encouragement" (pressure) to sign people up for the rewards club, and no room to really advance in the store - they don't often make cashiers assistant managers. Oh, and, I find the music seriously annoying.

Advice to Management

Create a program to help sales associates have a career in management.

"America's Least Favorite Place to Work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at DSW part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty good discount and the store has great merchandise, Customers are fun to engage with and you meet many great people working here. The company has some great values. There are many opportunities for growth if you "fit in"

Cons

Poor, unprofessional, moody management, they have you fill out an availability sheet then constantly schedule you outside of your set availability and try to pressure you to change it or not schedule you at all, hours are very inconsistent, they do alot of 'cuts', lots of pressure to aggressively sign customers up for 'rewards certificates' and profile and follow and harass "suspicious looking" customers, management is very insensitive and rude if they are having personal problems they try to make you pay for it at work. This place is not worth the headache

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, show some sympathy LISTEN to your employees and treat your them like human beings and not expendable cattle. I think the company itself is good and I was just at a store with terrible management which trickled down to everyone else because of poor training and enforcement of company policy. Watch out