DTI - Horrible. Simply, horrible. | Glassdoor

"Horrible. Simply, horrible."

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at DTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits. That's about it. Nothing else.

Cons

Bad management from the supervisor on up to the big shots. Despite benefits, there's really no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with your employees. Teach them new skills and techniques to utilize which will make the work flow much more efficient.

Other Employee Reviews for DTI

1. "Things were chaotic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Technology
    Nationally very strong
    The Headquarters and Staff in Atlanta were very impressive
    they have since moved into a much nicer office with a better location

Cons

The SF office lacked a true leader. That said, I've heard things have improved in the past few years.

"Good people on the front lines - but the management is horrible!"

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in Nashville, TN

I worked at DTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly and easy to get along with, for the most part. The law firm I worked in was super generous in trying to treat us (being an outsourced service provider) like part of the family.

Cons

The pay and benefits are a joke. I'm not sure how anyone with a college degree and some self-motivation could ever stay at this place. The management made a whole array of decisions that seemed to make little to no sense. They hired me for a manager-on-deck position they called "Eagle Elite", then right after I began working, they demoted the site manager I was working for and made him manager-on-deck and moved a sweet but inexperienced, young girl to take his place. This move, in essence, made me a step lower on the chain as well. I confronted my manager about this and he tried to tell me that this was not the case. I found out later, talking with the new manager, that I was never put into the system as a manager-on-deck, but rather a Service Specialist. They also offered me as little money as possible, which was good, because it motivated me to get a new job as soon as I could. Seriously, this was one of the biggest jokes of a company I have ever worked for. I would avoid them like the plague.

Advice to Management

My advice to DTI's middle and upper management is to realize that if you intend to run a service oriented operation, you need to begin treating your most valuable asset, your front line service providers (employees) much better. It is blatantly obvious that the only thing DTI's management and owners are concerned about is making bigger profits for themselves. My bonus last Christmas was so pathetic I don't even remember what it was. I CAN tell you my bonus from the company I worked for before DTI - it was $750. I am not against a company trying to make a good profit and succeed in their field, but when it is done at the cost of nickel-and-diming their front line people to death that company is sure to fail in the long wrong.