DTI - I have enjoyed my employment here. It's a perfectly fine job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DTI

"I have enjoyed my employment here. It's a perfectly fine job."

Current Employee - Receptionist (Service Specialist) in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Receptionist (Service Specialist) in Washington, DC

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Low Stress work. The job experience depends greatly with the site you are sent to. I happen to work for one the best law firms. I am a permanent contractor and do not visit the main DTI office. I have heard of other Service Specialists experiences. For the most part, it's a perfectly acceptable job that pays the bills. They do give annual bonuses and they do review you for a raise. It may not be annually (perhaps every 18 months), but at least you can get that. Plenty of opportunity to get office skills if you are in need.

Cons

It's hard to take time off. There has to be someone available to cover your position while you are out of the office. Request holidays off way in advance. People are really nice, but it's hard to move up the ladder. Don't expect to do so unless you are knowledgeable in law or discovery or something.

Advice to Management

Don't forget those who are not at the main plant.

Other Employee Reviews for DTI

1. "Not sure of the future in this company due to buy out"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at DTI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great talent including managers, very hardworking intelligent people. Used to have excellent benefits. Decent pay for this area.

Cons

Used to have great benefits until buy out. New owner doesn't seem concerned about keeping current talent happy. Unsure of the future under new ownership. May be looking for work elsewhere now. Tended to overwork employees, may change now with more revenue.

Advice to Management

Employees here would be hard to replace with their combination of intelligence, experience and dedication. Please rethink the changes in benefits and keep Fios more intact. We had a great work environment for the most part. I think people will be looking to move to other companies, destroying the hard work we have put in to become Fios.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at DTI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training if you are self motivated.

Cons

Poor management at the local office level. Office culture is not designed to encourage your best. Bully atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Hire real directors and managers