DaVita - I 've been frustrated as I learned the DaVita way but couldn't uphold it because of penny pinching nursing staffing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

"I 've been frustrated as I learned the DaVita way but couldn't uphold it because of penny pinching nursing staffing."

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis

Pros

DaVita outlines high standards and goals for its company to impact both patients,employees, and the healthcare industry. I agree with and admire their mission. Their training,if done as the company has it planned, would be great.They also offer rewards and recognition for both employees and patients.There is a wealth of information through Villageweb,Webex and LMS to continue learning.

Cons

At my clinic the RN duties and the pt scheduling is such that there is no time to use the many resources offered to learn more and improve your practice unless you do it on your on time.I would do that more except that my hours have often been so long I just couldn't devote more time to work. The Chairside Snappy computer charting is archaic and ,in fact, the whole computer and charting system is so slow and takes way too much time. I've only been a Dialysis nurse a little over a year but I have 22 years RN experience and I know we could be much more efficient. Then we'd all be happier and probably able to cut costs,too.

Advice to Management

The RN's that work the floor need more input into everything so it all works better for them and for the PCT's and ,therefore, for pt care. The mistakes I've seen are mostly systems errors.
 Also get Welcome Wagon to help the managers get the right training for the new employee w/o them having to wait. I had to print out my own workbookS and carry them around and in and out every day in heavy binders which eventually tore my nice new DaVita backpack. An organized orientation that is what DaVita says it's supposed to be makes a good impression and helps one get a good start to being an outstanding employee,IMHO.

Other Employee Reviews for DaVita

1. "It's been a unique and challenging learning experience."

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis

Pros

Good benefits, many locations to choose from, can easily pick up extra hours, lots of continuing education classes are available.

Cons

Lower than average hourly wage; the training and work experience will completely depend on which clinic you are working in.

Advice to Management

The mission statement and core values are great and upper management seems to stand firmly behind them. They need to reinforce these ideas with the staff that are in the trenches.

"My experience at Davita is it's a great company to work for."

Pros

There are opportunities for growth within Davita. I enjoy those growing opportunities.

Cons

They changes that come are very constant and sometimes can be very overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Communication to the teammates continuously is a great way to keep everyone in the loop and up to date with growth opportunities.