DaVita - Management can br more giving | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

"Management can br more giving"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love being a healthcaregiver & Davita provides this opportunity.

Cons

Manpower isn' t enough & schedule of change overs are unrealistic & yet Davita expects its nurses & technocians to implement company policies & procedures. Davita gives only 1.8% salary increase. Let's face it, Cost of living is getting higher & the pay technicians are receiving is not even comensurate to what they are earning & the risk they are exposed to like needle stick, & getting sick. It's getting difficult to receive bonuses since criteria to achieve goals are getting difficult, too. Davita has only 2 non-working holidays, christmas & new year. And yet when these 2 holidays fall on a weekday, management switch the days & treatment floor employees don't get extra pay for hat. E.G.: if christmas or new year falls on a Monday, MWF patients will be asked to come on a Sunday,. Nurses & techs who will work that Sunday, won't get extra pay in exchange for the Christmas Monday holiday. Davita's frontliners, specially the dilysis technicians, are not given enough attention when it comes to benefits & compensation.

Advice to Management

Increase benefits, incentives & hourly pay to patient care technicians. In reality, PCTs are the ones who does the dirty job on the floor. From cleaning of machines& patient's chairs, priming & recirculating, assessing patients, cannulating & take off, hourly charting, assisting nurses, checking RO water, assisting in achieving facility's goals llike anemia/cvc/kt/v, in every aspect of a dialysis center, the PCTs are very important for a facility to thrive.

Other Employee Reviews for DaVita

"Corporate Greed"

Current Employee - Corporate Staff in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Staff in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can't think of anything

Cons

- Just Focused on Pride and company image and cost cutting. I would not recommend Davita as a place to work neither to suggest to any dialysis patient to have their treatment there.

Advice to Management

The Upper Management should focus on taking care of its employees and not just themselves. Management has big bonuses while they cut the yearly increases as well as bonuses to nothing. When I first learned that they have a job opening, I was so excited and said that I would like to work at Davita because of the great environment that they have even though the salary is not the great. Over the years, I noticed that the management had become so tight on money that they even cut the bonuses and yearly increases to nothing. Lately, I also noticed that employees started to leave Davita almost every week because of dissatisfaction and not happy with the company , even senior personnel. I've planned to grow at Davita but guess what, they would not allow you to reimburse your tuition even though it's one of the employee benefits listed.The Management is focused on just getting more profit and pride. Management will ask you to vote for Davita as the "Best Place to Work" or they will ask to vote for the CEO for the " Best Employer". Corporate values DO NOT match on what they are doing inside the company.

2. "can vary by location"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

steady work with many overtime oppertunities

Cons

lack of teamwork at times

Advice to Management

promote honest and prompt communication between all staff