DaVita - Moving in the right direction... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

"Moving in the right direction..."

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent attention to work/life balance, competitive benefits, positive atmosphere, and one heck of a cafeteria at the World HQ.

Cons

IT quite siloed, many disparate processes at work, producing different teams with varying degrees of efficiency, communication, etc. After-effects of rapid, mass growth still felt within many app systems patched together, but progress is being made here as well.

Advice to Management

IT can no longer be considered an after-thought. Hire better. Seek out those employees whom are passionate about moving forward, gain efficiency, retire legacy systems, and hold teammates accountable, so that star performers may be inspired to excel.

Other Employee Reviews for DaVita

"Difficult at first with all the change at the buyout, but plenty of tools or growth available if you look."

Current Employee - Patient Care/Facilities Operations in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Patient Care/Facilities Operations in Portland, OR

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable, Fortune 500 hundred company with top notch leadership at the top from what I can tell. Plenty of room for growth if you take advantage. Totally different approach to corporate culture, which for me, is positive.

Cons

At the frontline level, the altruistic goals that Davita espouses is lost on them. They certainly are not generous with their techs and in my personal perspective this creates a lot of anxiety, which in turn has a deleterious effect on patient care.

Advice to Management

I don't know what to say here expect maybe create some sort of system that keeps the frontline workers in the know, at least to some degree where things are headed. I believe an effort needs to made to instruct teammates how to handle very difficult situations with becoming jades or resentful towared patient populations.

"Professional Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Inventory Technician in Perris, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Technician in Perris, CA

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In healthcare care, so job security is fairly stable.
    Company has lots of benefits for its employees and treats them well.
    Structure for Advancement opportunities make sense, and aren't unreasonable.
    Company promotes from within first.

Cons

Not really any cons, sometimes there's a bad egg, but that has little to do with the corporation itself. Sometimes the company makes choices based on money, but not most of the time.

Advice to Management

You should do psych tests for your employees, especially when they are in a higher position.