DaVita - I love my job and Like the pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DaVita

"I love my job and Like the pay"

Current Employee - Pct in Bowling Green, KY
Current Employee - Pct in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treat the workers well
Care about the workers
have several work functions
Truly make you love DaVita
They take us to different events like "Millionaires row" at churchill downs and pay for all our food and seats for our spouses. They take us and our families to Holiday World and pay for a meal up there as well as admission. They do all sorts of nice things for us. All training is paid for whether you have to fly or drive and food is paid for as well.

Cons

It seems that they pay poorly for the job field. For my one year raise. I got less than a quarter!

Advice to Management

As hard as we work for you, I feel we should be better compensated

Other Employee Reviews for DaVita

"Horrible Pay, Horrible Culture, and Poorly Managed"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in Newark, NJ

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the patients are nice...

Cons

For new RNs, the pay is low and the training is so so. The people you work with are majority immigrants and always speak their own language. Lots of clicks. Lots of uneducated people work there and think they are your boss because they have been there longer. The RN to patient ratio is bad and definitely is a recipe to disaster. Its managed by people who do not understand anything about health care and they just care about the profits. They dont care about the patient safety or their health. They know these patients are chronically sick and will die so they treat them badly. Davita throws parties thinking they are doing such nice things by giving us food rather than giving us more money. And also the patients are nasty..they think they are your boss and tell you what to do or they report you to the state. Huge turn over and pay is also very low for RNs and Techs. VERY LONG hours...they work you to death.

Advice to Management

Bring management that has health care experience. Its not just about profits but patient care. And no need to expand like crazy and keep in mind, there are a lot of cuts happening for dialysis patients. Retain your staff and listen to what they are saying. Keep good FAs around with BSN+ degrees. Dont just look at experience but look at what they have as degree and where they are coming from.

"Frustrated with middle management."

Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Cape Coral, FL
    Former Employee - Renal Dietitian in Cape Coral, FL

I worked at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good educational opportunities; met some good people while working with Davita.

Cons

Salaries not consistent--they will pay only what they can get away with, and start a new employee with same job title at higher wage, causing dissatisfaction. After working at several different clinics, I can say honestly that a few clinics care more about their bottom line (and standing within the company) than they care about giving the best patient care.

Advice to Management

Management training needs to be implemented at all clinics--especially those clinics that are recently converted to Davita clinics. Bullying of employees is not acceptable, and does NOT empower employee to do his/her best job. Employed at most recent clinic short term due to bullying, which is sad. Patients really liked me and I was doing a great job.