DaVita - Severely Overworked For What It Was Worth! | Glassdoor

"Severely Overworked For What It Was Worth!"

Former Employee - Social Worker in New York, NY

I worked at DaVita full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only good thing said about working with this company were the teammates at the clinic I was located at. The health care experience in a dialysis setting can translate anywhere as well! Honestly didn't complain much about salary but living in a high cost of living area, it does make a difference in how much you are paid.

Cons

The challenge was the caseload as a social worker--expected to work with over 150+ plus patients is madness! Burnt out so quickly even when I asked for help I never received it just to manage the workload (assessments, KDQOLs, PHQs, case management work, patient complaints/behavioral conflicts, interim Admin Assistant work and more! Felt like the work of 3-4 peoplewas being done for 1 person!) Even the local hospitals don't kill you with the workload! Frankly work/life balance was non-existent as there were phone calls even on days off and before/after work hours from teammates/management (worked over 40 hours a week just to clean up the mess left by previous workers!) PTO was frankly terrible as they lump sick time, PTO and holidays which were taken out of your total balance and if you did not have enough time you did not receive your regular pay. What people to quit was the disrespect from the management and a side note, in previous pulse surveys, there was mention stopping the hiring of FAs from Target and Best Buy when they should get someone with direct clinical experience or health care experience (SW, RD, RN, MPH, MHA, PA, NP for examples!) Management was condesending, insulting and gaslighting teammates which made you question your own intergrity and sanity. The higher ups take things too personal when someone leaves as they strong arm you to stay even though a resignation is given. The pay /raises are crap, the workload is unbearable and frankly nothing will change. A bunch of empty promises and people being full of crap/super phony to work for non-competitive pay! Felt so insulted when notice was put in that coming back to the company will never happen even if given $1 million dollars. How stupid do you take people for!? Feeling bad for the people who stay for their teammates/friends and are taken advantage of working long hours for garbage pay! The clinic was so toxic as it was run so horribly by management I had to get out! Even the patients complained about management! The work will break you and if it wasn't for the horrible management, I definitely would have lasted longer! Not worth the money or stress!

Continue reading
    DaVita2019-11-23
  1. "Great Values"

Current Employee - Dialysis Nurse -LPN

I have been working at DaVita full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has great values that anyone can get behind.

Cons

None that I can think of.

DaVita2020-02-20
  2. "Good"

Current Employee - Pct

I have been working at DaVita full-time

Pros

Flexible, Three days week

Cons

None, Long day sometimes

DaVita2020-02-22

Discover more reviews about DaVita.