DaVita - Great opportunity to gain experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Great opportunity to gain experience"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Renton, WA

I have been working at DaVita full-time for more than a year

Pros

DaVita really stands behind their core values. The teammates are friendly and welcoming in the beginning. Continuous improvement is one of my favorite core values, as the company gives plenty of feedback regarding work performance and etc. DaVita does make it their mission to provide the best care the world has ever seen. Also they do annual events to get teammates together to have some fun (bowling, etc.).

Cons

I believe that there could be a better work life balance as PCTs are expected to work long hours. Compensation is pretty fair, however, you might have to work a lot of overtime just to make ends meet. Other facilities in the area are always in need of PCT coverage. You will see that there tends to be a lot of drama in various DaVita facilities between teammates. My advice would be to keep to yourself and remain professional at all times. Don't converse confidential information to teammates as they will not keep your personal life confidential. Most of the patients are nice but there are some that are somewhat difficult to work with. Also beware of some of the nurses who may try to insult new PCTs or make them feel stupid. DaVita tends to praise their nurses and not give much recognition to their PCTs, unless you have a manager that deeply cares and understands what it is like to be a pct. Hence, manager has former pct background. Teammates tend to form cliques/social groups. They gossip a lot. Expect call outs from teammates in some facilities.

Continue reading
    DaVita2019-12-25
  1. "Assistant"

Current Employee - Assistant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DaVita part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

None that I can think of

DaVita2020-02-10

"Could be better"

Current Employee - Acute Dialysis RN in Riverside, CA

I have been working at DaVita part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, independence, good benefits

Cons

12hr On call once a week, Pressure from Management to work extra, long hours

DaVita2020-02-08

Discover more reviews about DaVita.