DaVita - Koolaide | Glassdoor

"Koolaide"

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training opportunities, special projects, mentoring

Cons

Endless initiatives, favoritism, push for using graduates from top tier MBA programs in cushy corpirate positions, low salaries, expensive benefits, no voice for field teammates.

Advice to Management

Really listen to teammates. Management is stretched so thin that they are ineffective or at worst, not suited to the position. Stop favoritism among Directors and abuse of their power. Exit interview every teammate.

Other Employee Reviews for DaVita

"Room to breath and room to grow"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am treated with respect and my opinion matters. Assignments are passed down, explained and then I dig in. If I need clarification someone is always happy to help. I love that they trust I am doing my job and don't micro manage. All positions have room to grow as long as you are pro-active in developing yourself.

Cons

Not a good position for people with no personal drive or need guidance.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on streamlining the process so everyone is doing the same thing.

"Don't ever mention you don't like something being done at this company....."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at DaVita full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people on the non-management/director/vice president level. In the two years I worked for Davita I made some really great connections and friends.

Cons

If you kiss enough butt and live the "Davita way" you will get promoted. If you say that you don't like or agree with a decision made by upper management you will be thrown under the bus. Management is so busy with meetings all day every day, they have no idea what is going on with their team. All Directors care about is their numbers looking better than the other teams, they don't care how or why. If your numbers are good, you're an awesome team, if not, that means you don't know what you are doing and you suck.

Advice to Management

Back your team up, instead of making them feel like crap because metrics arent PERFECT appreciate them working their butts off anyways. There are so many factors in having the best numbers in the company and most of it is uncontrollable. You'll probably get let go for backing your team up, but at least you will have the respect of the people that really matter.