DaVita - Clinic Administration | Glassdoor

"Clinic Administration"

Current Employee - Group Facility Administrator
Current Employee - Group Facility Administrator

I have been working at DaVita full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, supportive upper management in most respects. It is odd in this company to find someone who is really unhelpful or difficult to work with. They just aren't around long because they fit in so poorly with the overall attitude of the company. It is one of the best places I've ever worked and has more room for advancement than any other I've found.

Cons

The Redwoods program that guarantees a business major a promotion to Regional Director after a relatively short period of time can affect the morale of those who have come up through the ranks. They tend to be less understanding of the clinical portion of the job, which is essential to understanding the overall functioning of the region. Pay is less than industry standard and is not compensated by the bonuses that are promised at the initial interviews.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the Redwoods program. Underwrite business degrees for current employees with a larger annual scholarship than the current general scholarship.

Other Employee Reviews for DaVita

"Horrible staff"

Current Employee - Materials Transporter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Materials Transporter in Austin, TX

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stable paycheck
    Good people to work with (nurses)
    Good location
    Good facilities
    Great AA
    will learn a great deal from experience as long as you please the FA.
    FA can appear friendly.
    Minimal resources.

Cons

Upper management is selfish and manipulative.
    FA and GFA is undesirable and unfair. Won't give you the resources you need to complete the task.
    MICRO-Managed. Don't believe in anything you have to say. Low pay. NO OverTime whatsoever.
    Also FA is a control freak and will follow you around and has trust issues. I was fired even though I made every attempt to better myself. They discriminate military. Treat you like you were treated in the military.

Advice to Management

Hire well rounded individuals who know how to take care of their peoples needs and stop being so greedy.

"nurse"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at DaVita full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good environment , training and leadership is well established. Immediate leadership is understanding . Policy is easy to find. If there are questions or problems about something my immediate supervisor is easy to find and approachable with well meaning tactics to help focus on the job at hand

Cons

hard to break in with other employees

Advice to Management

na