Daffy's - I didnt gain anything from working at daffy's. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Daffy's

"I didnt gain anything from working at daffy's."

Former Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate Manager in New York, NY

Pros

They're very flexible when it comes to your schedule and most of the people you work with become family and close friends.

Cons

When management feels like you're someone who they dont want to work with, they will start enforcing rules that otherwise neglected to fire the person.

Advice to Management

No one's job is more important than any other, so judge someone's right to work on how close you are as a friend, is wrong and unfair.

Other Employee Reviews for Daffy's

1. "Boring"

Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Discounts
    Coworkers
    Nice clothing
    Good location (next to food areas, MTA, more clothing stores , etc)
    Checks every week
    Meet some "interesting" customers

Cons

Poor hours
    No room to grow
    minimum wage doesnt do much if you have bills to pay
    management are RUDE

Advice to Management

PROMOTE FROM WITHIN. THERE ARE ALOT OF QUALIFIED PEOPLE THAT WORK IN YOUR STORE. IF YOU ARE SO BUSY LOOKING FOR NEW PEOPLE FOR HIGHER POSITION THE ONES WHO ARE QUALIFIED WILL DO HALF ASS WORK

2. "Just nice"

Former Employee - Salesperson, Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Salesperson, Cashier in New York, NY

Pros

I worked at Daffy's for like 4-5 months, and I pretty much liked it. I VERY much liked that there is a strong communication between employees and managers: they give you tasks, they tell you how you did. When they notice you're good at something, they give you that task more often, and there is a possibility to grow within company. You come in the morning and there is a sheet of paper with everyone's names on it and what they're supposed to do this day. Everything was clear, no disasters, questions and uncertainty. If there was anything you're not sure of, the managers are ALWAYS here to help. Very nice staff, at least where I worked (18th street).

Cons

The dress code - terrible! Don't know about now, but then you couldn't wear anything that looks any little bit like jeans, and nothing even close to sneakers, only uncomfotable footwear! so my feet always hurt, because just like everywhere else, you cannot sit when you're on the clock.

Advice to Management

Loosen up the dress code, especially shoes-related and try to attract more younger customers!