Daimler Trucks North America - Great company with a lot of opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Daimler Trucks North America

"Great company with a lot of opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- I've met some really great people during my time here that have been with the company for many years.
- Many opportunities available. They are very good on hiring from within, which means many opportunities for current employees (as long as your qualify). They do look favorably upon employees who desire cross-over opportunities.
- Good health benefits for both the employee and family.

Cons

- The pay seems a bit low compared to others in the industry (may just be my specific job with the company. I cannot speak for all.).
- Those some people who have been here for many years are comfortable with the way things are and can at times, be resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Don't be resistant to change!

Other Employee Reviews for Daimler Trucks North America

1. "Corporate Drone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits package and pay rate is in line with industry standard.

Cons

I've only worked here a brief amount of time, but I'm finding that the employee's are not very friendly. I consistantly smile at everyone I pass, no one ever smiles back. In the break room no one wants to be bothered and will actually glare at you. The only place that I find friendly people are in the bathroom. WHich is just kind of creepy. I'm not sure if everyone just hates their jobs, or if they don't like new people, if they don't want to socialize with people outside of their department or if there is some other reason.
    I came from a company owned and run by east Indian gentlemen so I was happy to see a group of Indian-seeming gentlemen in the break room. On several occasions I've said hi and smiled at them. They will not even say hi to me.
    In my collaboration with people in a professional environment here, people will only help you if it directly benefits them. This is not a collaborative environment.

Advice to Management

Try to eliminate the huge corporate feeling.

"Unorganize"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Famous, Brand name company with lots of opportunity..

Cons

Rules/ standard documents were expired, and a lot of undocumented work. The management just do what they feel like using their power. A lot of people worked for a long time but they have no interest in improving the department in a way that is best for the department and the employees. Fixing things is not enough. Slacking in a way. Favoritism: if they like you or you're the relatives/friend, they will promote you. If not, they will treat you like an enemy. No consistency at work, very messy.

Advice to Management

Please check your middle management people, make sure that they know how to operate the business. Most of them work for a long period of time for the company, bu that does not mean that they know or understand on how to improve the company. Maybe perform the "undercover boss" show to see how they actually work. Hire people with a degree, get rid of the old, unuseful employee.