Dairy Queen - An ok job difficult at times but I learned alot! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dairy Queen

"An ok job difficult at times but I learned alot!"

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

Pros

I was treated very well, as an intelligent human being as you should be. Not just another employee. If I needed to talk to my employer about and difficulties or challenges we were having he was always there with an open ear. In overall it was a great learning experience I even improved my spanish.

Cons

Besides being the only big franchise ice cream shop in a 45 mile radius, you can say we were always busy. Especially when you add a community college 100 ft away and the High School that got out at noon on Fridays (which is perfect lunch time) and what seemed like a good 80 of them would walk over, since they were a couple blocks away and didn't have a license. Dairy Queen was there spot. And thats not including our other customers. As you can see we were always steady. But thats fast food.

Advice to Management

At our DQ our kitchen space was very limited. There was a lot of bumping. Our candy freezers at counter would go on and off. Which means we would constantly have to take the candy to the back counter. And mix back there. They were to cheap to buy new stuff, or fix important things. DQ should look into all Dairy Queens and make sure there equipment is up to date, it doesn't have to be extremely new but make the environment a little better and easier.

Other Employee Reviews for Dairy Queen

1. "Just like any other fast food job."

Former Employee - Crew Member
    Former Employee - Crew Member

Pros

It was close to my house, discount, easy to get a job, always hiring

Cons

Drama, crazy busy during summer, not acknowledged for accomplishments

2. "Nice"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

This was a nice Place to work but the pay was poor and the benefits were nonexistent. Ice cream was good

Cons

The smell was horrible particularly in the summer and it was cold in the winter. Overall it was kinda just ok.

Advice to Management

None