Dallas County - When you're here you're on our time..... make sure you know your place! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dallas County

"When you're here you're on our time..... make sure you know your place!"

Current Employee - County Clerk in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - County Clerk in Dallas, TX

Pros

The benefits are great! PTO is pretty good when you're allowed to use it. Great learning experience if you're interested in Criminal Justice or if you're trying to figure out a career path.

Cons

You aren't allowed to be sick, have kids, or have a life outside this place. You're captive and property of Dallas County. I am much youger than most of the people I work work with and have noticed that people are bitter and jealous! There are a lot of underhanded things that go on. The County is mostly about a dollar, or atleast how to keep it in their pockets and pay the big wigs. EX. commisioners.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who work for you, take their suggestions into consideration. Most of the people there hae some pretty good ideas.

Other Employee Reviews for Dallas County

"The most toxic place I have ever worked"

I worked at Dallas County full-time

Pros

Some really great people who have been there a long time, experienced and made some great lasting friendships.

Cons

Total lack of leadership from sheriff on down.. Racial tension and favoritism toward Hispanics and blacks and bias and unfair treatment toward whites.

Advice to Management

Stop listening to the wrong people and do a written anonymous survey if necessary to get to the heart of the real issues and what is causing the major low morale problems. I'd u keep listening to the "yes" people they will only continue to tell you what you want to hear ...not the truth. You are the Captain of the Titanic and would rather pretend the ship is not sinking.

"Ok"

Current Employee - Clerk
    Current Employee - Clerk

Pros

Very involved with Community sevices

Cons

Few oppurtunities for advancement without a degree

Advice to Management

Have more of an open door policy