Dallas Independent School District - It was alright | Glassdoor

"It was alright"

Former Employee - Teacher in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Teacher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Independent School District full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay lets make a sentence for a 20 word minimum. also the benefits and the "job security" i suppose.

Cons

make a sentence for a 20 word minimum work life balance was minimal many meetings observations and follow up meetings about it a lot of unnecessary rules to follow that were more like busy work.

Advice to Management

be reasonable not micromanagers

Other Employee Reviews for Dallas Independent School District

1. "A challenging, fast paced fast growing educational business experience that is rich in student and faculty diversity."

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Independent School District full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunity to enrich a child's life, to open the gates to knowledge is the most exciting reason to work here. Weather you are working in an inner city environment or suburban atmosphere you will be faced with a rich diversity of students. Students come with a magnitude of needs which needless to say require that you as a teacher are flexible and team orientated as well as able to work independently. It is a system in which one has to grow in order to stay a viable teacher for the students. Being a teacher requires customer service skills which are necessary when dealing with parents in the community. It is a rewarding job.

Cons

There is a sealing to how much you can earn. There is more room for lateral growth than there is vertical. Class sizes have often been a challenge due to the size of the district. There are many times when ingenuity is the only saving grace when it comes to supplies. There is too much communication breakdown between admin, and staff.

Advice to Management

Clear and concise communication to employees about hiring practices etc is extremely important.

"The worst job I have ever had in my life! I am disgusted by it!"

Former Employee - Bilingual Elementary Teacher in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Bilingual Elementary Teacher in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas Independent School District full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros!

Cons

Mike Miles is an ignorant. The principals are ignorant people who got cheap scholarships to study education (easy degree). They were really BAD teachers for three years, got their Master's in Education (yet another cheap scholarship and easy degree), got out of the classroom became Assistant Principals were bad in that area too and three years later Principals. So in reality they know nothing about the classroom and not much about academics either. This is why Mike Miles can brainwash them so easily. It is like dumb and dumber!
    Plus the pay was horrible, no increments, and now the threat that it will never change because we all suck (God know then how my students always performed well).

Advice to Management

Fire Mike Miles! As a City of Dallas property owner, I direct you to do it.