Danaher - Danaher just bought what "use to be" a great company, Beckman Coulter. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Danaher

"Danaher just bought what "use to be" a great company, Beckman Coulter."

Current Employee - My Job, IT Seems, IS to Consistently Lie to Customers in Brea, CA

Pros

None to date. Complete downgrade compared to most companies. I guess you could say "its better than nothing, then again, maybe not.

Cons

Weeks after the acquisition of Beckman Coulter, they announced an 8% reduction of all employees. Even departments that are already low on personnel are losing bodies. Our benefits were cut nearly in half and the Danaher prefered medical plan is outright an insult. United Health Care, for those of you familiar with United, I dont have to explain any more.

Its obvious that Danahers intent is to squeeze Beckman Coulter for every drop its worth and do it in a very unappreciated manner. It s just a matter of time before they weed out the best employees and are left with people of the lowest morale. Within a few years the superb quality of Beckman Coulter products will be an old memory, and so will the family atmospere that filled most of our offices.

Advice to Management

It might be a good time to really start listening to employees that have true customer knowledge and stop depending on software to tell you how to run and maintain a business. There was a time when I would have taken a paycut just to keep my job because I absolutely loved going to work everyday. It was such a respectable place to work. Its not too late to get things on the right track, treat your employees with respect, and appreciate them beyond just depositing a paycheck. Make it a company that is, just not profitable, but also a great place to work and proud to be part of. It doesnt have to be such an "us versus them" workplace environment. Employees throughout the entire United States are being turned against each other from the level of competition being pushed down upon the employees. The words "unity" and "team" are used frequently by upper management, but actions speak more than words. Happy and appreciated employees build better businesses!

Other Employee Reviews for Danaher

"Fast paced work with high expectations, no room for mistakes, and no recognition."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA

Pros

Good experience early in your career. Great lean manufacturing practices. Ability to impact business from the beginning, great resume builder.

Cons

Every person is responsible for at least one and a half jobs. The expectations are unrealistic. No training. No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Promotions from within should be from the entire business not just from a pool of MBA's. More communication across Danaher businesses.

2. "favorable experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

There are always opportunity for growth

Cons

The is very limited work life balance