Daptiv - I enjoy working at daptiv. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Daptiv

"I enjoy working at daptiv."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

The people.
The immediate impact you'll have on the product.
Mature process.
Hack days.
The freedom to innovate.
Quality and doing things right is considered important by management.

Cons

Benefits continue to decline, especially health insurance.
401k plan is not matched by daptiv.
Management does not help drive personal growth.

Advice to Management

Loosen the purse strings on capital expenditures. They're so tight that the average employee is frustrated. The hidden cost of lost engineering time often outweighs the cost of additional hardware, but the CEO doesn't see it this way.

Other Employee Reviews for Daptiv

"Parallax is failing and good staff are leaving, trying to leave, or already moved on."

Pros

The only reason for someone to work at Daptiv is if an individual has been terminally unemployed for years. It's now known among recruiters as "the employer of last resort" in Seattle tech companies.

Cons

Where to start. Parallax management is just as bad or worse than the previous regimes of five CEO's and teams over the last four years. The management tells everyone from engineering to sales they are important and want them to stay, yet they've done everything possible to force folks out. This is how they reflect growing "profits." It's a joke and so is the company. I'm embarrassed to have the company on my resume.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management. They're arrogant Orange County, CA jerks who smile to your face and then do their best to make the work environment so intolerable no one wants to stay. Even in the darkest days, things weren't this bad.

2. "Daptiv becoming a great place to work again"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

In the last year, Daptiv has had a complete management change over. The new management is great! There is actually respect and collaboration between departments. Morale has improved and it's becoming a fun place to work again. In addition, Daptiv was recently was acquired by Parallax, which has been positive so far. The company is profitable, there seems to be much more focus, and the new owners are very interested in the business.

Additional pros:

* Engineering is revitalized and innovative again.
    * A strong emphasis on quality. Engineering management wants you to be proud of what you put into production and it shows.
    * Great work/life balance. It's all about the commitment to backlog, not the hours. We work hard, but management understands that we have families and responsibilities outside of work.
    * Good mentoring. There are some strong developers here and a strong belief in pair programming.
    * Location - In the heart of downtown Seattle. I have many commuting options.

Cons

More of an uncertainty than a con - The new leadership (Parallax) has been good so far, but I fear based on Daptiv's history, that we will become rudderless once again if we don't stay focused.

Other cons:
    * A few departments within Daptiv are not embracing the new leadership
    * Our HR system is horrible, though there's rumor that it will be replaced soon
    * Benefits are so-so. I guess it's good for a small company, but I'm used to big company benefits.

Advice to Management

The new leadership from Parallax needs to communicate the direction we are heading a bit more in a concise way. Daptiv is becoming a great place again and a strong focus will solidify the company.