Darden - Great people - great opportunity! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

"Great people - great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Brand Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

The people are great and very good at their jobs. The culture is one of respect for the individual, teamwork and colaboration. Darden is a data-based company so decisions are made based on data and facts, not based on the peroson who has the highest rank. Additonally, the casual dining category is growing ad a clip of 7-9%. Darden is the share leader with about a 10% share. net, there is much room for opportunity and growth both with the company and for the individual.

Cons

Need to like Florida and living in Orlando. And it is a big company.

Advice to Management

Doing a very nice job.

Other Employee Reviews for Darden

1. "Easy, comfortable place for students to work."

Former Employee - Server in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Waco, TX

Pros

Good, solid company and ease in which you can move into a leadership position. Management program is fairly intense, so I never had any problems with managers. As with most corporate restaurants, they have high standards of cleanliness and procedural issues which I only came to admire after moving into a privately owned, upscale rstaurant. Darden has good benefits for full-time employees which I never took part of because I was always a part-time server and a student. Also, Darden restaurants such as Olive Garden and Red Lobster are so widely known that you don't ever really feel a loss of business.

Cons

The higher up in management you get, the more cutthroat it seems to be.

Advice to Management

None in particular.

2. "I Love Smokey Bones"

Former Employee - Server in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

It was a great place to work. I was in a Smokey Bones resturnt. The mangement was very nice and bought us food very often. They rewrded employes for every single thing that they did. They don't expect too much and the best schedules re given based on merit not seniority. Because of this you can be a fairly recent hire and if you work hard enough you can end up making a lot of money.

Cons

If you are not one of the favorites management makes it too noticible. I was very liked, but there were other employees who were very hard workers and for whatever reason they weren't liked by the uppers. Close relationships between management and employees allowed this to become aparent.

Advice to Management

None