Darden - Great Employees, Management is lost and confused due to improper experience/training | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

"Great Employees, Management is lost and confused due to improper experience/training"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Morgantown, WV
Current Employee - Line Cook in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Darden part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, allowed 2 free sides while working, and free drinks

Cons

Training is almost nonexistent. I let all new cooks borrow my training book due to the failure of management to give the proper training materials and training curriculum. Extremely unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Management

I could write a book about this topic, but i prefer not to be looked at as crazy.

Other Employee Reviews for Darden

1. "ok company"

Current Employee - FOH Manager in Meridian, MS
    Current Employee - FOH Manager in Meridian, MS

I have been working at Darden full-time (More than a year)

Pros

gettinh to lead wonderful crew members

Cons

in efforts to be diverse and grow fast, the company makes some poor field choices

2. "The worst place I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Busser/Host in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Busser/Host in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Darden full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give you free meals during training, thats the ONLY good thing about working for this place.

Cons

I've never once got a break there, worked for 8 hours, didnt get a lunch break or any other kind of break, its pathetic that they think theyll have joyful employees when they cant even give you a break. It sucks when your working around food all day and starving and cant do anything about it. I also told the manager Id like Sunday off so I can attend church they said that was fine but I just looked at my schedule for next week and theyve got me scheduled. If you cant stay true to your word why would I continue to work for you? Im only still at this job until I find something different, once I do you can bet Ill be gone. They also like to schedule for the middle of the day, which wastes my entire day.

Advice to Management

Offer breaks, listen to the employee about what days they can and can't work.