Darden - The most positive work experience I have had so far | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

"The most positive work experience I have had so far"

Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Darden full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fortune Top 100 Company to work for, they do treat their employees well as long as you work hard, decent money, flexible scheduling, praise for hard work, a great experience in learning to relate to authority, coworkers, and guests, a fun place to work, fastpaced work environment, ability to positively contribute into the lives of both strangers and coworkers, 50% working shift discount, 25% nonworking discount, as well as a discount at other Darden restaurants, health insurance available, anniversary pay after 2 years, discounts on phone service, time off allowed (management tries to cater as much as possible to your scheduling preferences), feeling of productivity, excellent management staff that balanced each other out,

Cons

Opening shifts with a lot of sidework for the poor amount of pay you receive, endless sidework on some nights, small sections during certain shifts, sometimes shifts will be very long (would not recommend this job unless you are high energy), WHITE uniforms, sometimes I feel the company overstaffs on the number of servers for slow shifts and you make no money, money is somewhat unpredictable (on Saturday morning shifts sometimes $12 could be made, or potentially $100+), owing money in taxes due to the low hourly rate ($2.13 an hour), wouldn't allow overtime despite our already low hourly pay and sometimes it would have been beneficial if an employee could cover for someone calling out)

Advice to Management

Stop harassing us about the GSS Survey, most guests won't fill it out anyways, your standards for employees are very high as they should be, sometimes employees are allowed to get away with unacceptable behavior and are only lectured instead of being punished with a writeup to learn not to repeat their poor behavior

Other Employee Reviews for Darden

"A long journey with lots of ups and downs"

Current Employee - General Manager in Carolina, NC
    Current Employee - General Manager in Carolina, NC

I have been working at Darden full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people you work with. Upper management seems to have some common sense and changes with the times. Promote from within consistently.

Cons

Compensation has become an issue recently. Bonus money has been cut to almost nothing. Benefits are not what they used to be. Constant pressure to meet unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

You talk about work/life balance, but don't allow for one. Live up to what you talk about!

2. "It was....ok."

Former Employee - Hostess in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Hostess in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Darden part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent starting pay. Hours aren't awful.

Cons

I wasn't scheduled for a whole month because the service manager "forgot" to schedule me after being an employee for a year. When I finally called to complain, the GM was told by the service manager that I already quit.
    Terrible management. Childish employees. Rude Customers. Hard to advance. Cliques.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your staff and don't yell at employees in front of customers.