Darden - Great College Job | Glassdoor

"Great College Job"

Former Employee - Server in Tyler, TX
Former Employee - Server in Tyler, TX

I worked at Darden full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for college students, supportive of employees/flexible, opportunities to move up if desired, good attitudes and ethics are modeled and promoted by supervisors

Cons

Working with the public can be difficult at times, lowest paying positions work very hard for their income

Advice to Management

Continue to model the "best of the best/Hospitaliano" attitudes of Diamond Awarded stores.

Other Employee Reviews for Darden

1. "fine"

Pros

Iconic brands, lots of work,

Cons

lack of empowerment, conflict with aligment

2. "Decent Company...Terrible Experience"

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Mentor, OH
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Mentor, OH

I worked at Darden full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Great company. Wonderful training. Core values are very important to Darden.

Cons

95 employees quit in 8 months...that should say something. 5 managers out in 4 years. They do not follow through on agreements made in the beginning. They push work/life balance but do the opposite. Told will be working around 50 hours per week...more like 65. Managers really have no say so and the team members know it. The great people are not told positive things. Illegal mexicans in the kitchen. Guests are always right...even if you watch them put a hair in their plate!!! General Manager does NOTHING! Just a true mess. In my experience, the vice president met with me and agreed that I was done unfairly and offered me a position in a different restaurant. Only thing was, it's an hour away!

Advice to Management

Work just as hard as you expect everyone else to. Quit leaving early every day. Acknowledge your hard working people. Don't pass the blame to your District Manager. Accept responsibility. If a GM isn't handling the business correctly, do something about it.