Darden - Very Profitable | Glassdoor

"Very Profitable"

Former Employee - Server in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Server in Dallas, TX

I worked at Darden part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has some of the best benefits of being a server including tip share and employee discount.

Cons

Sometimes employees are treated as if they are very expendable

Advice to Management

Employees know they are, but it's not good for company moral to treat them like they are expendable.

Other Employee Reviews for Darden

"Lots of room for advancement, but some lower level managers need to respect employees more"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in North Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Darden part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Working with great people
    - Serving the best food the industry has to offer at a great value
    - Flexible Hours
    - Great room for advancement

My GM is one of the greatest guys/managers I have ever worked for. He has been a mentor and somewhat of a father to me throughout my time at Longhorn.

Cons

- Some of the lower level managers need to learn how to respect employees. I worked at Longhorn as a server/bartender for 5 years in total. Around my 3rd year there, a fairly new manager openly screamed at me in the middle of the dinning room in front of guests because I was 5 minutes late when in fact he looked at the wrong schedule and I was an hour early. Managers like this should be fired from the company immediately.

- The district manager of our region had absolutely no respect for the GM of our store and would openly berate him in front of other employees which I found to be completely un-professional. Especially when our GM was one of the best performing in the company.

Advice to Management

Respect your peers and co-workers.

2. "Darden does care about their employees and they try to keep them in the know"

Current Employee - Server in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Phila, PA

I have been working at Darden part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair employment, good hours, good managers and good scheduling by the managers. Darden is a very diverse employer which is good and they have good opportunities to move up but it takes a long time or a proactive boss to get you there

Cons

Long nights, awful scheduling website they use informe dish and its awful. You cannot even view it on Macbooks and other types of systems which makes it super inconvenient