Darden - Darden is good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

"Darden is good place to work"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Keene, NH
Current Employee - Line Cook in Keene, NH

I have been working at Darden part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, great hours, friendly staff

Cons

can be frustrating, lack of manager help

Advice to Management

Hire more cooks so that you dont burn out the ones you have

Other Employee Reviews for Darden

1. "Darden cares about one thing, their upper management and bonuses regardless the cost the entire team."

Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Darden part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, diversity of co-workers, talking to new and different customers every day.

Cons

No consistency what so ever, no accountability, rules and guidelines are put in place but followed at the whim of the management team on that particular day. Hourly employees are looked at as expendable. If you want a lifetime career where you feel valued, Darden is NOT the company for you.

Advice to Management

Darden preaches team work and pride in ones' position and work. That said, Darden management looks at hourly employees as expendable and incapable of intelligent thought. Lower level management are worked like slaves. I was proud and excited when I started working at Longhorn Steakhouse and now I'm frustrated, disillusioned and embarrassed to say I work there. Longhorn needs a series of "under cover bosses" to see what the REAL Longhorn is all about. I know you would be disgusted.

"Anything For The 1% Gain"

Former Employee - Certified Trainer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Certified Trainer in Portland, OR

I worked at Darden part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great place to start out in the service industry, they will hire servers without experience and the training is extensive. The company does offer some great benefits compared to other restaurant industry leaders. You'll always find strong camaraderie amongst the staff.

Cons

The company is massive and therefore the smallest percentage gain leads to significant increases in the bottom line. Thus, some very stringent policies are enforced upon the staff that makes for a very, very rough serving experience. The money is terrible for serving with a limit of 3 tables which is enforced due to the strain of refillable soup, salad, and breadsticks - it kills servers and it kills efficiency.

If you are starting out, get some experience here and move on to a better opportunities.

Advice to Management

Remember that your servers are very poorly compensated when compared to other serving jobs and treat them well.