Darden - Good Learning Experience | Glassdoor

"Good Learning Experience"

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Darden full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Lots of awesome people, Good benefits for a restaurant group, good training process for front of the house

Cons

long hours, chose customers opinions and aattitudes over employees, ridiculous rules, sidework wages terrible.

Other Employee Reviews for Darden

1. "Staffing and training manager that loves working for Darden"

Current Employee - Staffing and Training Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Staffing and Training Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Darden full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a Darden nerd that lives and breathes the core values! I live in florida so all time off feels like vacation! I have great work/life balance and couldn't be happier. If you breed the culture in your restaurant and buy in to the principles of Darden you will be very successful and have a winning team!

Cons

I have no cons to add. I have been promoted twice, have received raises as deserved and have been mentored by great people within the company. The MIT program is top notch. My fiance is also a restaurant manager for a competing brand and the difference is unbelievable. His company allows GM's to hang out with employees, curse and belittle employees and health code is not followed. So glad I work for Darden!

Advice to Management

Darden manager Salaries are comparable to other restaurants, however Darden managers are held to a higher standard and perform at a higher level than managers at other concepts. They should be paid accordingly. If one can make it through the Darden hiring process and MIT program then they deserve 50,000 per year base pay...period!

2. "My experience with Darden has been wonderful."

Current Employee - Staffing and Training Manager in Hicksville, NY
    Current Employee - Staffing and Training Manager in Hicksville, NY

I have been working at Darden full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at darden is that they provide you with the training that you need before putting you in the field. They are very patient and make sure that you understand things well.

Cons

It's hard to balance your life and work there. It feels like most of your time is spent there unless you remember to ask for the time off.

Advice to Management

Not the best career for someone starting a family but if your fresh out of college it's good.