Darigold - My experiences at Darigold's Lynden facility were, overall, very positive. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Darigold

"My experiences at Darigold's Lynden facility were, overall, very positive."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynden, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynden, WA

I worked at Darigold full-time

Pros

Strong, progressive management staff and - generally - a high quality, committed workforce. While there are always a few bad apples in every barrel, for the most part the Lynden staff gave 110%. An excellent group to work with.

Cons

There is a major disconnect in values between most corporate staffers and the local staff at the facility itself. While most corporate people live in the immediate Seattle area, the facility staff is very rural, which on more than one occasion lead to clashes in the importance and priorities of various issues.

Advice to Management

Corporate should give local management more autonomy in terms of hiring, promotions, and local restructuring, or at least try to gain a better understanding of field operations.

Other Employee Reviews for Darigold

"This place needs a reality TV show following everyone around. It would be a hit show!!! Rainier Ave Plant and Corp."

Former Employee - N/A in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - N/A in Seattle, WA

I worked at Darigold full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you need to support a family with competitive wages and benefits this is a good place. The positive "buck" stops there. No more positives I can really think of and I gave it some thought........ :(

Cons

There are too many to list but I will try a few in short manner. (PLANT LEVEL)There is no balance on workload day shift vs night shift. There is harasment from supervisors, managers, drivers, mechanics, machinist, and co-workers running rampant. Favortism plus other factors create a hostile enviroment. You spend all your time here and if you can't handle a harsh fast paced enviroment......well it will break you in one way or another. (CORP LEVEL) They spend company money and waiste company time. Just like Pappy O'Daniel in "O Brother Where Art Thou?" There is some major poloticin' going on. If you are white this place is right. If you are a minority, go join another majority. I could go on and on but who wants to read a novel? :)

Advice to Management

Advice to management is to stand what what you believe in without money and bigotry playing the major factor. There is need for an overhaul from top to bottom. Biggest private company in Washington state making massive money but claims there is no profit. Hire more people who have not been to the penitentiary. Bachelors degree required for anyone above plant worker level. That way undereducated leaders don't need the staff below them to do their job for them.

"Dari fools gold"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The plant level day to day is okay. Most get along with each other as far as production workers go. They for the most part all know and do their job well when left alone by management depending on the plant in question.

Cons

Corporate management the top level is absolutely clueless on how to run any business let alone one that is attempting to maximize profitability. The corporate office is total chaos and that seems to be business as usual and the preferred way of running things. Shooting from the hip and adding layers of management is the other. One issue of adding layers of management is they have hired people clearly not qualified to perform that job. Then when they create another layer because the plan isn't working and is "needed" they default promote the first unqualified person and backfill with someone as unqualified.

Advice to Management

Let the people at the plant levels do what they do best. Run the plants. Employees at the plant level for the most part, there are a few bad apples everywhere, know what to do and what is expected of them on a daily basis and do exactly that.
    The amount of money spent creating unnecessary positions at the corporate level the past few years with nothing to show for it is taking from the farmers and leaves them crying poor when raises and bonus's are to be given to the people actually responsible for putting product on the shelves. I honestly can't see how the farmers can possibly tolerate too much longer but it seems the slick talk hasn't worn thin just yet.
    I would also say like Yelp, it is fairly obvious that any positive review is an inside job. I can't prove it but like a restaurant review, when there is one raving review for every ten horrible reviews it says something.