Dart Transit Trucking - Its agood place to haul freight, there is plenty of it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dart Transit Trucking

"Its agood place to haul freight, there is plenty of it."

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Egan (China)
Former Employee - Owner Operator in Egan (China)

I worked at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

95% drop and hook,always seem to have good freight. They did try their hardest to get you home when you requested it. If a consignee held you up too long dispatch did what they could to get you movin again, always payed detention. I would put my truck back on with them.

Cons

Some of the snot nosed brats in dispatch have never sat in a truck let alone try to make a living in one, then they try to tell you how to run your truck, but thats only a few and they may be gone by now. When in a lease purchase they give you just enough miles to pay your bills with them but you gotta run way hard to pay your bills at home. Wouldnt recamend a lease/purchase with anyone.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting retired drivers in dispatch that know something and have a personality. Oh and how about a bigger lot in Eagan to park or move your trailer shop so there is room to park inservice trls. it gets a bit cramped in there to say the least.

Other Employee Reviews for Dart Transit Trucking

"Senior Pricing Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Pricing Analyst

I worked at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We were given the freedom to do our jobs. We were a results driven company. We had great customer contact, which helped provide us loads when we needed them.

Cons

Sometimes the hours got a little long if we had to finish a project or bid that was on a time deadline. Other than that this family owned company was great to work for. It's people were it largest asset.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and open working environment.

"A company that recognizes talent"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Dart Transit Trucking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One thing I love about Dart is their eagerness and ability to recognize talent and where people would best be utilized. I believe this helps out people work efficiently and helps them make the most of their experience here.

Cons

Pay tends to be slightly lower than industry average, but who you work with a lot of times makes up for that. What really makes Dart wonderful is the people you surround yourself with.

Advice to Management

Consider increasing pay to outstanding employees to help retain them. You don't want to lose out on a great employee because they aren't being paid what they are worth and will get elsewhere.