DataSphere Technologies - Not a good place for growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DataSphere Technologies

"Not a good place for growth"

Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Non-sales in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great and fun atmosphere

Cons

Not a place for much growth. Employees treated like kids.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees with more respect.

Other Employee Reviews for DataSphere Technologies

"The one reason I gave it 2 stars was because I loved the environment and coworkers."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I worked at DataSphere Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The overall environment is super fun and everyone that works there is awesome. There are always bells ringing and people chanting when others get sales. That is really the main pro working there- all the amazing friends I made..and the fact its M-F and I was off work everyday at 3pm.

Cons

First things first is the job itself really is a grind. You are making between 60-100 calls daily and trying to get business owners on the phone without getting hung up on. You are required to make minimum 60 dials and have 2 hours of talk time. After so long the job is mentally draining. Its fun at first because they brainwash you into thinking the product is great and you are going to make thousands upon thousands a month when in reality thats not the case at all. The product itself is crap (which is an online banner ad on news stations websites) the product doesnt work, half the time customers cant see their ad, and are given a crappy low quality video the can be made on Powerpoint. Making your monthly goal was a challenge in itself because once people would realize the product didnt work they would cancel. If a client you had cancels within 6 months they take it out of your paycheck, so even if you have an amazing month and you have a lot of people cancel from prior months your paycheck is going to be crap. The place is run solely on politics. If they dont like you, or if you dont sell a ton then basically going to work is dreadful. Thankfully I didnt have that problem but for the people that werent and didnt sell they dont treat you well. Everything around there is constantly changing from the verticals we can sell, to the commission structure, to the senior ae guidelines..once people actually start making money and finding something that sells well or start hitting their goals the next month they change it and make it higher so more people wont get paid. Ive seen people get up and walk out because they would find a way to take away their commission check. If you made your goal by 1 deal and 2 weeks into the next month that person cancels or card gets declined they will take away your whole commission check from the month prior ( you only get a commission check if you hit 100% of your goal) Ive seen people up and walk out because it happened to them, and it happened on a monthly basis. The turn over rate there is ridiculous. At the end of every month there are handfuls of people that leave, and people that just stop showing up. After being there about 6 months you are already a veteran because most people dont make it to a year mark. Wonder why....

Advice to Management

Get your act together and stop changing the rules and compensation every month. You supposedly "give us everything to succeed" but yet work against us. Apparently the company isnt doing well if you are unable to afford paying people their commission. Also it would help having a product that actually was beneficial and worked. I feel bad for all the times I actually made people spend their money on such a crappy product.

DataSphere Technologies Response

Aug 29, 2014 – HR team

We appreciate your feedback. It is unfortunate you didn't see value in our product. One of our core values is to obsess about delivering value to customers. We constantly look at how to add more ... More

"Great environment"

Pros

Loved everything about it. Great way to make money and the work environment makes you want to succeed

Cons

There should be more room for growth and it should be given to people who have shown they can succeed i the company

Advice to Management

None! Best managers I have ever had

DataSphere Technologies Response

Jul 2, 2014 – HR

Thank you for your positive review! Please feel free to discuss opportunities for growth and development with your manager. If you ever have any other concerns feel free to talk to HR.