DataStax - Personal and business growth. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for DataStax

"Personal and business growth."

I have been working at DataStax full-time

Pros

Smartest bunch of people I know where we can openly discuss issues and bring in people to solve problems. Email chains are a thing of a past, I need answers I'll just hipchat them. Distributed teams, challenging and fulfilling work.

Cons

Work life balance, lots of exciting things to do not enough time to do it.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for DataStax

"I am extremely enthusiastic about Datastax, my position and the company's future."

Current Employee - Global Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Global Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataStax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company emphasizes communication and respect for all employees regardless of their title. This is a common "statement" for companies, but at Datastax I have consistently felt the difference in attitude in my dealing with the top executives as well as with colleagues. The daily lunches where executives join the rest of the staff, provides daily opportunities to get to know executives and colleagues on a casual basis. The CEO can frequently be found in the lunch room in the late afternoon working on his laptop - another example of ensuring his availability to all employees. The work load is consistent... but the flexibility to juggle your work with personal commitments is outstanding. I feel like I have left Dorothy's Kansas - working in a drab B&W world, and have landed in a challenging, fun and Technicolor OZ....and so far I haven't seen any sign of flying monkeys or witches.

Cons

I have only been on board for 2 months... but I am thrilled to be at Datastax and currently do not have complaints... or concerns.

Advice to Management

Keep "walking the talk"

"Extremely excited to be part of something so AMAZING!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at DataStax full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You don't mind coming to work here... everyone is just as hardworking and dedicated as the next no matter which team you're on. From the Execs all the way down - everyone's heart is in it 100%, to help DataStax succeed. By far the BEST company I have ever worked for. Our CEO not only encourages us to "mingle" during lunch hour - but he too table hops himself, getting to know us all individually on a more intimate level. The culture is what truly makes this place ROCK... yes the free lunches, and unlimited supply of drinks and snacks help - but the people are what makes it all come together and makes the magic happen!

Cons

Cons? Seriously? I haven't found one yet... highly doubt I ever will

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The monthly "Welcome to DataStax" meeting was a great idea! The way Billy shares his life with us and motivates us in that meeting was what honestly sealed the deal for me! His encouraging words and uplifting spirit make him so much more than just a CEO.