Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smart Team, Awesome Product, Great Culture

Sep 29, 2015 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Smart Engineers, fast paced, latest technology, fun culture, engineers are encouraged to bring new ideas to the team. Fun problems including, scaling, distributed systems, machine learning, single page applications, data analysis, ui/ux, big data. -Great perks like Friday lunches out on the town, Standing desks, noise canceling headphones and a free gym membership to a gym less then a block away.

Cons

Need to hire more senior engineers to crank out more features so that they can attract more users with a wider variety of use cases.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Small and fast team, huge vision - lots more to come

Oct 25, 2014 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Huge vision DataHero aims to be the defacto data visualization platform. Because of how our product is architectured, we don't have limits on the intelligence we can build into the product. We're building a product that makes data analytics and visualization intuitive and understandable. - Small team of smart engineers The engineering team is still small, which is a blessing and a curse. We all move fast, ship fast, and we all own the total product. We still take our "wouldn't it be cool if..." ideas and ship them into production. - Fun oriented team It's very important that we don't *just* work together, we play together too. From trampolining, to tough-mudder, to cookie cook-off competitions - we enjoy hanging out with each other. - Experienced executive team The executive team has prior startup experience, they know what they're doing. They know how to keep a level head in the day to day craze. If you're interested in doing your own startup and ask "how does X in the startup world work?", they have experiences to tell you about. They also encourage and practice work-life balance. Yes it's a startup so it's not exactly 9 to 5, but life outside of work is treated as sacred. - Transparent The company is very transparent. Everyone knows what the numbers are, everyone knows how their individual work contributes to the top-level business goals. The executive team is very frank and open to questions. - Customer oriented product design One of my favorite things is that we get *tons* of feedback from users via emails - and it goes out to everyone in the company. You know which things you're doing are working and you also know which things users don't like.

Cons

- Need more engineers The curse of a small team of engineers is that we need more to tackle bigger projects. We have the know-how and the users to start making huge hits, but our team is stretched right now.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Small startup with great vision and potential

Sep 7, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is still very small - less than 15 employees, but everyone gets along. Pretty strong sense of camaraderie, having weekly team lunches (where everyone from CEO to engineers all participate), beer Fridays, and other team activities. Their vision of helping people combine and analyze data that they already have access to in various cloud services distinguishes the company from other data companies. The company is pretty transparent - they share board meeting slides and have weekly all hands to kick off the week and make sure everyone is in sync. The company recently hired their first VP of Marketing & VP of Engineering and seems like on a good trajectory of growth.

Cons

Benefits are... okay. They have the standard Blueshield coverage (medical, dental, vision), but not much beyond that (e.g. no 401k). There are plenty of things to get done - wish we had more people. Having said that, work hours are not that crazy - no more than 10 hours for most people.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Datahero.