Datameer - Great company in a great space of big data analytics | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Datameer

"Great company in a great space of big data analytics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Datameer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Market leading company that is continually pushing innovation in analytics. Very unique technology approach gives a competitive advantage against all of the wannabes coming to the space. Datameer is moving fast but with a vision to leverage Hadoop and make analytics available to lost more business people. Great place to work, great team attitude and its fun working with the extended team around the world and with customers.

Cons

None really, the market is moving fast so its challenging but that is what a leading startup is all about.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the vision and keep pushing to make customers successful and the rest will take care of itself.

Other Employee Reviews for Datameer

1. "Great EMEA Sales team"

I have been working at Datameer full-time

Pros

Strong sales team with big data and consultative sales skills

Cons

Company culture is the main weakness that should be addressed

Advice to Management

Company culture is the main weakness that should be a high priority

"The most innovative player in the Big Data space"

Current Employee - RVP Sales EMEA in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - RVP Sales EMEA in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Datameer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Datameer for more than 4 years in an EMEA sales leadership role and its been an amazing journey for various reasons that I would like to outline in this post. Datameer has a crystal clear vision of making Big Data Analytics available to everybody in an organization - from the business users and subject matter experts who need to gain quick insights into their data sets via self service capabilities - all the way to data scientists who need to streamline data cleansing and preparation for advanced analytical tasks.

Datameer has executed on the vision and has become a leader in the Hadoop based Big Data Analytics space - and for its employees this was a fascinating journey. I have had the chance to ramp up a territory from scratch and, ultimately, establish a world class sales team in my region. Naturally, this was a bumpy journey and it would not have been possible without the trust, reassurance and coaching of the old and new management team of the company. Looking back on my 20 year sales career in various start ups and large corporations, this is an incredible unique asset of our senior management.

Cons

Its demanding - don't count on a 9 to 5 job. But you get to work with amazing talent and personalities.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring and retaining amazing talent, continue trusting and coaching your loyal employees.