Dataprise - Great Place to Work! | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Rockville, MD

Pros

I have been working at Dataprise over four years and glad to be part of this company. It provides a great exposure to learn new skills and technology. Dataprise has recently introduced in-house trainings which has given an easier opportunity to learn new products for free.
Dataprise recognizes and honor employees' work by giving out bonuses, gift cards and Awards.
Weekend project work is also compensated with monthly bonus or CompTime.
A part from work, each Team gets an opportunity to meet each other at a dinner once a month, beside that Dataprise arranges happy hours few times a year which allows all employees to meet each other in a casual way.

Cons

-Mileage coverage needs to be modified by eliminating restriction of 25 miles.

Dataprise Response

Mar 31, 2014 – Director of HR & Recruiting

Awesome! We are happy to see you are enjoying your time working at Dataprise. We will take your suggestion related to mileage restrictions into consideration and appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

Other Employee Reviews for Dataprise

"Best career move I've ever made."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

I've worked large companies where employees are just cogs in a machine. I've worked small companies with few benefits and fewer resources. And now I've worked Dataprise, which is just right.

At Dataprise every employee has an opportunity to own their work and make a huge impact on a growing company. If you have a better way to get something done, management listens. I arrived with just a few years of experience but a lot of big ideas, and when I was hired a few years ago I found a management team that was supportive and eager to hear what I had to say. Better yet, I'm surrounded by very intelligent people who provide excellent feedback and help me grow the seeds of my ideas into healthy, full-grown actions that directly improve the way people work.

Dataprise grows every year and is thriving because they foster a comfortable environment where people can speak their mind and receive useful feedback. Thanks to this environment my confidence has grown tremendously and I have be able to dramatically improve my abilities in my position. In fact I've developed some expertise in areas outside of my focus!

I've been here a few years and I still feel that I have plenty of room to grow within the organization. The nature of the IT industry is incredibly dynamic, and for those who believe in ongoing learning and personal development - Dataprise is a company where employees can take advantage of this ever-changing industry to learn new skills and grow with the company.

I've made enormous strides here, and I see myself sticking with this fantastic company for years to come.

Cons

As a fast-growing company, Dataprise does suffer from certain growing pains and from my perspective is working to address those issues. Specifically, while communication within departments is open and available, encouraging feedback, communication between departments can be intermittent from time to time. Dataprise has undertaken an initiative to address this specific issue, and is encouraging input from all levels of the organization on how best to address it.

Dataprise Response

Mar 31, 2014 – Director of HR & Recruiting

Thank you. We are glad to see you are happy with your decision to come work at Dataprise. It's great that you feel your suggestions are taken into account and that you have a lot of growth potential... More

2. "Definitely a place where you can grow your career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Pros

- They try hard to promote from within.
    - Large engineering team with diverse skills, alway ready to help.
    - Willing to give you challenges to grow your skill set.
    - Offer in house training at least once a month.
    - 24 hour Remote Support team so clients are not calling engineers at all hours of the night.
    - Engineering teams have team events to promote team unity and fun.
    - Fully stocked pantry.
    - Company wide events for employees and their families several times a year.
    - There are many employees that have been with Dataprise for over 5 years.
    - Company cell phone or partial reimbursement of personal cell phone.
    - Computer purchasing program for employees.

Cons

- Corporate culture is different than any other company I have seen. Some people have trouble adapting and leave within a year, but those that do adapt tend to have long careers at Dataprise.
    - Field Engineers truly are road warriors and rarely come into the office and interact with office staff.

Advice to Management

Dataprise is growing very quickly, new positions are opening up and employees are moving between departments. In a world of ever changing technologies management is doing a good job of keeping up with the changing tide.