Datascope - COntractor Turnover | Glassdoor

"COntractor Turnover"

Former Employee - Design Engineer (Contract) in Mahwah, NJ
Former Employee - Design Engineer (Contract) in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Datascope full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Prep for Engineers by Managers

Cons

High Turnover. Seem to bring on contractors for work that could be done by staff with better planning

Advice to Management

Develop Staff

Other Employee Reviews for Datascope

1. "In response to the review of the review titled "Why departments fail”"

Current Employee - Developer in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Developer in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Datascope full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As long as the reviewer of the review keeps calling everything "half truths", everything is great, right? Odd that the reviewer doesn't care to give credence to which "half" is true, since that would be admitting that the original review contained some accurate information. Perhaps this is the same jerk who finds it necessary to physically threaten people who disagree with him.

Cons

Apparently the reviewer is more concerned about the quality of the food in the cafeteria than the insanity taking place in the workplace - instead of addressing that, food is being commended LOL. Other people working there have repeatedly complained to me that conversations aren't even allowed. But hey, I guess that's another "half-truth", right? After all, you're talking, so it can't be a full truth! Consider yourself part of the problem when you're not willing to address the actual complaints, nor admit what's going on, nor do something to fix the problems reported, which are nothing less than despicable.

Advice to Management

Fire this malignant tumor of a human being, or send him to "sensitivity training", like the last employee who was a legend in his own mind.

2. "In response to the review titled "Why departments fail”"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mahwah, NJ

Pros

As you have already guessed this review should not be taken seriously. There is enough half truths sprinkled in this narrative to be entertaining, but overall its a drama (fiction) based on the very narrow point of view of one employee with more ego and imagination than grasp on reality. Even if you were to take everything as 100% truth, the review is so narrow that it won't help nor apply to 99.99% of the people reading it. To the author of that review, if you are reading this, please consider submitting your work to hollywood! It is the funniest thing I've seen since the movie "Office Space."

So on to my review. The small department in Mahwah, NJ is full of very smart and skilled engineers. Their product is pretty much a monopoly in the market because the competition cannot come close in terms of quality and effectiveness. During my tenure there, I learned an incredible amount from pretty much everyone. I can pretty safely say that this department had very little fat if any when it came to full time employees. On the other hand there seemed to be a good amount of fat in the form of contractors (like Mr. Office Space), and they were ultimately, but not very efficiently, let go. For me, the biggest con is that the pay is way below the market and in my experience continues to lose ground over the years. My advice to prospective hires is to negotiate upfront the salary you would be happy with for the next 10 years.

So far my review is about the small office in Mahwah, NJ. But if we take a look at the macro picture, the rest of the company does not look very good. Understand that this place was a small company that has been bought out by a large German company in order to be milked for every penny possible. The company at large is very much in disarray. I could cite many examples, but I will be kind and just summarize it by saying that the upper management lacks vision. The Mahwah, NJ office is directly affected by this in several ways. Therefore, I cannot recommend any part of this company to anyone. IMO, it is a sinking ship and the captains are steering it towards the bottom of the ocean. The crew is doing an amazing job to keep it afloat, but I don't think they can overcome the odds. I hope I am proven wrong.

P.S. The cafeteria food is amazing. Thanks Dale!

Cons

pay, money, salary, compensation, $$$

Advice to Management

Don't get comfortable.