Datto - Fun atmosphere, but disorganized management leads to stressful work days. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Datto

"Fun atmosphere, but disorganized management leads to stressful work days."

Former Employee - Sales in Norwalk, CT
Former Employee - Sales in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Datto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are fun to be around, the atmosphere is youthful and has a lot of energy. Lots of new tech coming in every day to keep the workspace up to date, and technologically advancing. Laid back environment - but only when management is in a good mood.

Cons

A lot of people there didn't seem qualified for their level of leadership, which led to disorganized goals, slow responses, and priorities changing almost weekly in order to keep up the appearance that things are improving.

Advice to Management

If you continue to promote everyone up the chain just because they did okay at a low level position, you're going to suddenly have a lot of management that is beyond their scope of accomplishment and were better suited at their previous role. Sometimes this works out, but there are a lot of people who are only successful in leading because their departments/teams are properly staffed, not because they actually have anything to contribute.

Other Employee Reviews for Datto

"A little too chaotic for my tastes"

Former Employee - Developer in Norwalk, CT
    Former Employee - Developer in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Datto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few very friendly people, nice area, Some great benefits and growing. "start-up" feel, free coffee/drinks. Free catered lunch on Fridays. Focused goals (Datto revolves around the development/sale of in-house products so the company is very focused on that).

Cons

housing in the area is insane. no free snacks (nitpicking). The "start-up" feel is a double edged sword; work days are very unstructured and chaotic, often forcing developers to be on 24/7 call. Some of the upper management come off a little... strong in their personalities. Drab offices, in dis-repair in some areas and just barren in others. Takes on a lot of fresh out of college interns so code base is mediocre on the best days, horrifying on the worst.

Advice to Management

Focus more on making your employees happy and less fear-mongering.

"Amazing work environment, great pay"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Datto full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Datto over two years now and the growth I've seen with the company as well as personal and professional growth has been tremendous. There are always opportunities to learn more and get promoted if you're willing to put the work in and spend the time to get there. I could definitely see myself working my entire career here.

- Benefits paid by the company
    - Young and energetic
    - Great pay
    - 401k match
    - Top notch management team
    - Free lunch on Fridays
    - Everyone has a common goal

Cons

you can't work from home