Daughters of Charity Health System - There was poor communication between people and management's tone at the top is not very good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Daughters of Charity Health System

"There was poor communication between people and management's tone at the top is not very good."

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I heard the benefits were good, but I'm a temp worker so I did not get the benefits. The company had company lunches and parties from time to time and all the employees are invited. There are Christmas parties and white elephant event.

Cons

The accounts payable management is very poor. She had extremely bad communication skills because she is in the office 24/7. When she wanted something done, she would tell someone to tell me and never come to me herself even if she had the chance.
There is a lot of unnecessary gossip in the accounting department. People gossip behind each other's back and there is just this un written tension between everyone. Basically to summarize it, a majority of the people there is very fake. It was a fake smile, fake everything. The culture at the place had a lot of tention... I go to there to work, and mind my own business, but these accounts payable techs have to always stir some drama for absolutely no reason. And these people here don't even have a college degree and basically if you don't mix with the crowd, you will not get promoted. Its a lot of politics here. I would not work here for perm. even if they extended my contract. People here are also unskilled. Just way too much politics. It is unfair. Its all about seniority here.

Advice to Management

Accounting/AP department head, needs better communication skills. Don't lock yourself in the office all day and when you finally come out, have a frown on your face like you just went through hell. Just because you went through hell, doesn't mean everyone at work has to get your contageous frown.

Other Employee Reviews for Daughters of Charity Health System

1. "Administrative Assistant/ Project Coordinator"

I worked at Daughters of Charity Health System full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, Great Management,Great people

Cons

Remote area, In house HR, no room for advancement

Advice to Management

Develop your staff

2. "A/P"

Pros

this place has no pros

Cons

everything there is really terrible

Advice to Management

stop being terrible