Dave & Buster's - OK company to work. | Glassdoor

"OK company to work."

Current Employee - Accounting in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Accounting in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dave & Buster's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great health benefits. 401K match, holiday parties and gift give aways. Company does invest in technology and try to create a positive work place. Free parking. Catered lunches. Team sports, team building.

Cons

Management stays in company for 20+ years, no way to move up, easier to move on. Promotions/hires are based on education degree NOT on ability to do the actual work. Laid back atmosphere allows some bad tempered leaders to say cruel things as if they are being sarcastic.

Advice to Management

A more competitive salary would encourage staff to stay, positive leadership would create an environment where solutions would be made, hire more staff for the growing amount of stores opening each year. Please enforce procedures so that one person not following means everyone quits following. Change the "work hard, play hard" motto to "work so hard there is no time to play."

Other Employee Reviews for Dave & Buster's

"Fun, but disorganized"

Former Employee - Front Desk/Host
    Former Employee - Front Desk/Host

I worked at Dave & Buster's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to work with a lot of young people, young managers, in a fun environment. The job isn't difficult and there is always good music playing and games to play.

Cons

Management was disorganized. Often times we wouldn't get to take breaks. It was difficult to get hours. They were intent on keeping everyone under 30 hours a week so that we all qualified as part-time. there was a lack of communication between managers and so we were told to do things multiple different ways and it caused confusion.

Advice to Management

Put together a better system for requesting days off and scheduling employees.

2. "family environment!"

Former Employee - Front Desk/Host in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Front Desk/Host in New York, NY

I worked at Dave & Buster's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

open minded staff, flexible time off as long as you let your supervisors know in advance. employee comp meals

Cons

long exhausting hours, running around towards the evening

Advice to Management

none. overall good staff of people!