David's Bridal - Highs and Lows | Glassdoor

"Highs and Lows"

Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in York, PA
Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in York, PA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse and Interesting Clientele. Many Skills gained. Fast paced. Enjoyed the job.

Cons

High Employee Turn Over. Hours work against your Income. Only make money between January - April, No paid overtime, No guaranteed lunch breaks.

Advice to Management

Limited resources at the York, PA location (small space, limited fitting rooms, limited gown storage) made the sales process even more difficult. During the busiest times of year, the 1hr per customer time crunch along with lack of space was very overwhelming to most brides. Some could push through and find their gown but many rescheduled or left for a more personal experience.
     The commission structure is ridiculous! Thankfully I worked with a wonderful team, but I felt horrible for ladies who worked at a David's with CSR's that played favorites. Drama in the workplace is not a secret and the CSR controls the client you receive. There was a supposed order of tenure but even managers played favorites and listed beginners above tenured consultants. Your commission was based on your clients; the clients one would receive was based on luck or favoritism. During times of day or year where there is less traffic, consultants, which are only part-time, have to deal with receiving only 8-12hrs a week so that the over-hiring done for "Bridal Christmas" (Jan - April) can stay on the schedule.
     It was hectic and though I loved the job and the clients, at David's Bridal, I was working harder there than at any of my three jobs and making the least amount of money.

Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal

1. "Corporat does not want to understand that it is a special day for a woman, but yet it is a cattle call in white dresses."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and idea in theory.

Cons

DM's and Store managers are not held accountable, but yet the rest of the staff is. Corporate does not care that bridal consultants are taking on 3-5 brides at a time and that they are not to ask for help.

Advice to Management

Try to pull this company out of the budget bridal categorie. Train management better and please hire management who know how to run a large staff.

2. "Great experience, but bad managers"

Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Bridal Consultant in Freehold, NJ

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Experience, Nice Staff, Friendly

Cons

Management was mean
    Didn't get paid

Advice to Management

more structure