David's Bridal - management | Glassdoor

"management"

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at David's Bridal full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Christmas is a slow time with sales and better than regular retail and easier to spend time with family.

Cons

Works their managers over 40 hours with many tasks and little hours to get things done. Dm's under lots of stress and it rolls down hill. Getting rid of commission and it will be hard to find good talent.

Advice to Management

Your managers work really hard for the company and we are afraid of change. They say they care but they really don't it is all about the $. It is not the same since Bob left. Rating is on new CEO

Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal

1. "fun but feels like high school"

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working with the customers during one of the most special times in their life is very fun and even touching. Co-workers are also generally friendly friendly.

Cons

when working with a bunch of women things get catty, and people talk behind your back. also hours get cut very suddenly and without warning, that is, if you get hours.

Advice to Management

try to give a little more notice with the hours changing

2. "Highs and Lows"

Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in York, PA
    Former Employee - Wedding Consultant in York, PA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse and Interesting Clientele. Many Skills gained. Fast paced. Enjoyed the job.

Cons

High Employee Turn Over. Hours work against your Income. Only make money between January - April, No paid overtime, No guaranteed lunch breaks.

Advice to Management

Limited resources at the York, PA location (small space, limited fitting rooms, limited gown storage) made the sales process even more difficult. During the busiest times of year, the 1hr per customer time crunch along with lack of space was very overwhelming to most brides. Some could push through and find their gown but many rescheduled or left for a more personal experience.
         The commission structure is ridiculous! Thankfully I worked with a wonderful team, but I felt horrible for ladies who worked at a David's with CSR's that played favorites. Drama in the workplace is not a secret and the CSR controls the client you receive. There was a supposed order of tenure but even managers played favorites and listed beginners above tenured consultants. Your commission was based on your clients; the clients one would receive was based on luck or favoritism. During times of day or year where there is less traffic, consultants, which are only part-time, have to deal with receiving only 8-12hrs a week so that the over-hiring done for "Bridal Christmas" (Jan - April) can stay on the schedule.
         It was hectic and though I loved the job and the clients, at David's Bridal, I was working harder there than at any of my three jobs and making the least amount of money.