David's Bridal - A Love/Hate relationship with David's Bridal | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for David's Bridal

"A Love/Hate relationship with David's Bridal"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always have something to do so time flies by, Good training for future jobs, and great social experiences. Working with brides is very fun and rewarding. Customer service reps will get very good at multi tasking, problem solving with out going to management, and learn great resume skills. I did get a promotion after 5 months of working there, and was talked to about management so they do promote within the store.

Cons

Customers are very demanding, I worked in customer service so I had to become comfortable with people yelling at me, though it became very difficult at time to remain composed. My manager staff was very disconnected. Unfortunately we had some difficulties with Managers staying or being committed to the company. It ended up putting a lot of responsibilities on myself and one other. We both feel greatly over worked and underpaid at this time.

Advice to Management

Management at my store could easily be an exception, and may not reflect the rest of the company, but it's very difficult to work under at the moment. It's like have 3 store managers who don't communicate what so ever. I'll be told by one manager to do X then some one else comes along and is upset at me for doing X and not Y and so on. Communication and unity in a management team is very very important in a company like Davids Bridal.

Other Employee Reviews for David's Bridal

"Not really worth it, especially to short-term employees"

Former Employee - Stylist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seeing brides find the dress of their dreams, working with awesome co-workers (varies), often have sales going on that can be used as tools to make sales.

Cons

Over-booked days, crazy on most weekends, you have to help people even if they come in without an appointment to avoid bad company reviews, customers get frustrated when you have to work with multiple people at one time, full figured brides get upset when styles aren't made in their size, hard to commission consistently depending on time of year and how many customers you have in the system i.e. the shorter you are there-the less customers you have built up-the less money you make, and breaks are short.

Advice to Management

Longer breaks, more consideration for employees, and a more in-depth training.

2. "Fun job"

I have been working at David's Bridal part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work! Coworkers are a blast to work with. Great team!

Cons

Pay is low. Upper management puts to much pressure on stores with very little assistance or support