Davidson Companies - Great experience, people, and opportunities . . . else where | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Companies

"Great experience, people, and opportunities . . . else where"

Current Employee - Equity Research Associate in Lake Oswego, OR
Current Employee - Equity Research Associate in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Davidson Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the work, great relationship with boss, and perfect experience for my career path. Could see myself staying my whole life, but it would mean significantly lower pay than industry norm.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, and remote location. High turn over of associates because of under appreciation, not worth it if you are not serious about equity research.

Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Companies

1. "It's okay."

Pros

People are nice, lots and lots to learn, a lot of projects to be worked on, definitely a good place to pick up experience, and not a bad company. I would recommend this place to a friend who's looking for a good place to start.

Cons

When I said a lot of projects to be worked on, I mean TOO much. I made a mistake going with the department I'm in right now, should've waited for a better opportunity, pay is low for what I do, my coworkers except one, perform somewhat poorly in their daily work, my ideas seem to get shoved to the side, I feel like I'm the only one doing anything in my department, our department gets the cold shoulder, poor management, technology is behind, no documentation on how to do anything, I'm the only person writing documentation, all in all my department and the way business is handled in my department is beyond me. In fact it baffles me how crappily things are handled in my department. Davidson companies would be perfect if I were a financial advisor.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, and listen to them. Otherwise almost all of the employees that work for you will leave you. Which is what's happening in my department.

2. "Good."

Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Seattle, WA

Pros

People. Company atmosphere is mellow, drama free.

Cons

small. old technology that is just now being upgraded.

Advice to Management

Payscale in seattle should be much different than it is in great falls.