Davidson Hotels & Resorts - High pressure, low rewards | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

"High pressure, low rewards"

Former Employee - Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Former Employee - Assistant Executive Housekeeper

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-If you are willing to work under high pressure and for very long hours for many years, you may eventually land a cushy upper management job that pays very well, such as a general manager of a hotel
-Almost free lunches
-Reduced rates at other hotel properties
-Chance to work with a multi-cultured workforce

Cons

-ridiculously long hours for lower management (average of 50-70, depending time of year), yet lower than industry average salaries
-an atmosphere where blame is assigned before the cause is determined
-high turnover among hourly employees
-no fixed schedule
-Atmosphere where profit is the most important factor
-high competition among lower management to land promotions, which hurts morale and camaraderie

Advice to Management

-Lower tiered employees should get paid more. This will result in less turnover and thus less expenditures on hiring and training people.
-There often is a blame first, ask questions later attitude coming from mid-upper tiered hotel managers when there is a problem. This creates an environment of constant fear among employees and contributes to low morale.

Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

"Disappointing"

Pros

The company is growing so there are opportunities to relocate.

Cons

The growth of the company is somewhat uncontrolled. As a result, management training is limited at best. The company's intranet and SOPs have not been updated in some cases for 8 years or more. The benefits offered are of good quality but extremely expensive. Management is expected to work a minimum of 50+ hours per week, although their salaries are below market. Most hotels are expected to perform without sufficient staffing levels. Morale in most places is low.

Advice to Management

Better management training for new hires. Re-evaluate management salaries. Do not break down the salaries of managers based on 2080 hours annually because they are required to work far more.

2. "Valuable Experience, Hard Work, Ability to Learn, Fantastic Culture, Consistently Challenged"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was on the job search and asked people in the industry about Davidson I got a common response, "Davidson is a class company with great senior leadership." In my time at Davidson I have been blown away. I am consistently challenged and forced to think for myself to solve problems. The company culture is made up of hard work, delivering quality service, and possessing genuine care for co workers, clients, and guests. The review title sums up my experience at Davidson thus far and those traits are something I value tremendously.

Cons

The lean team can sometimes lead to feeling overwhelmed. But, you can ask for help and getting hands on experience is fantastic.